You are reading Today’s SU Daily Guide Devotional for 4th May 2021. May the entrance of His word give you Light and Understanding. Amen
TOPIC: BE NOT PRESUMPTUOUS, SEEK FRESH GUIDANCE
Opening Prayer: Help me to understand the exceeding greatness of your power as I read through this passage, dear Lord.
Scripture: 1 Chronicles 14:1-17
Question(s) for Reflection:
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any other Biblical passage that can help me understand this passage better?
SCRIPTURE UNION SU DAILY GUIDE 4 MAY 2021
A mighty warrior like David who dealt a great blow to Goliath years back when he was younger would have seen the Philistines as easy target. Now with His ascension to the throne and a larger army, it would be tempting to just go to war with them. But he will not take chances. Compare the first and second battles with the Philistines (vs.11-12 and vs.13-15). What was the secret of David’s victory in both battles (vs.10&14)?
After the first battle, David did not assume that God had given instruction and that would always be the way to go. He inquired of God each time. He sought God in the good and bad times. He depended on divine strength from God. Notice the differences in the instructions and subsequently the victories. He allowed God to lead the way and the victory was certain.
Do we receive specific instruction from God for each challenge we face or think it’s one size fits all? As a leader, David acknowledged the leadership of God over his life and the nation. How often do our leaders seek God over their assignment?
• So: Always obey God’s command (v.16).
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Lord, help me to always trust you for direction for every aspect of my life and for every battle I face.
• Pray for the conversion of unbelieving members of your family and extended family. Pray that God will send them witnesses they can believe.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Num. 17-19; Rev. 21
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 4 May 2021. God bless you!