Scripture Union Daily Guide Devotional 28th February 2021 Sunday – Christ Is Greater Than Moses
You are reading Scripture Union Daily Guide Devotional for Today Sunday 28th February 2021. May you be blessed as you read on.
TOPIC: CHRIST IS GREATER THAN MOSES
OPENING PRAYER: Lord, let the light of your word shine into my life as I meditate on your word.
SCRIPTURE: Hebrews 3:1-6
1Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest. 2He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God,s house. 3Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. 4For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. 5″Moses was faithful as a servant in all God,s house,”bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. 6But Christ is faithful as the Son over God,s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.
Question(s) for Reflection:
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
TODAY’S OUTLINE: SCRIPTURE UNION DAILY GUIDE 28TH FEBRUARY 2021 SUNDAY
Our position in God as followers of Christ is special and great in the eyes of God. Read v.1 again and see how believers are called. Since God has regarded us so highly like this, v.1b becomes an assignment, a role for us to play, “To fix our thoughts on Jesus the Apostle and High Priest” and not on any other person (compare Heb. 12: 2). What can we learn from Moses and Jesus in vs.2,5 and 6a?
How faithful are you in the discharge of your God-given assignments in life – both secular and spiritual? (See 1 Corinthians 4:1-2; Matthew 24:45-46). The Jews held Moses in high esteem as the greatest of their prophets (Deut. 34: 10 – 12), but Jesus is superior to Moses because whereas Moses was a mere servant, Jesus is not only a Son (v.6), He is also God (v.4), the builder and head over the house of God.
The house of God (v.6) refers to the Church, consisting of those who hold firmly to the hope of eternal salvation in Christ with courage, despite all situations they are passing through.
• So: Let your focus always be on Jesus and not on any man.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Dear heavenly Father, help me to be faithful in all my duties so that my life can bring you glory and honour every day.
• Pray for Christian Ministries that either provide free Bibles or are involved in Bible translation into ethnic languages such as Gideon International, Bible Society of Nigeria, etc.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Mark 16:17-18 – “These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;
18. they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Bible Reading: Ex. 27-28; Philemon
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 28th February 2021 Sunday – Christ Is Greater Than Moses. God bless you!