Scripture Union Daily Guide 8th April 2021 – Surely There Is A Hereafter
TOPIC: SURELY THERE IS A HEREAFTER ( Also See Scripture Union Daily Guide for 7th April 2021)
OPENING PRAYER: May the meditation of my heart be acceptable unto you, O Lord as I read from your word.
SCRIPTURE: Proverbs 23:15-35
Question(s) for Reflection:
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
• Is there any prayer for me to remember?
SCRIPTURE UNION DAILY GUIDE 8TH APRIL 2021 MESSAGE:
In Africa, and the world at large, a son is the joy of a family. How much more, a wise son in the family (vs.15-16)! He is the source of joy especially to his father. Have you been a source of joy to your family and to God? Notice what a wise son must do (vs.17-19) and why (v.18) so as not to cut his future and hope short, since there is a hereafter. What should a wise son avoid and why (vs.20-21, 27-28)?
A wise son listens to his father and values his mother always. By giving his heart to follow their instruction (vs.22,26) he makes his parents joyful and glad (vs.24,25). See what a wise son needs to buy and keep for himself in v.23. Have you bought your own? You buy them by searching the scriptures, listening to godly adults and putting what you learn into practice.
Read vv. 29-35 again and note that the only deliverance from this type of entrapment is through a changed life which is only possible in Christ.
• So What? Do you live with eternity in view? Read v.18 again and note the certainty of a hereafter.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Oh Lord, help me and my children to prepare for life in eternity.
• Pray for Christians who are being persecuted as a result of their faith to have courage and perseverance. Pray for God,s speedy intervention and help.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Proverbs 2:7
Bible In A Year: Lev. 11-12; Heb. 10:1-18
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 8th April 2021 for Thursday. God bless you!