Scripture Union Daily Guide 6th April 2021 – Live Wisely With Others
TOPIC: LIVE WISELY WITH OTHERS ( Read Scripture Union Daily Guide 5th April 2021)
OPENING PRAYER: Dear Lord, I pray that you order my steps today through your word as I meditate on it.
SCRIPTURE: Proverbs 22:17 – 29
Question(s) for Reflection:
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
SCRIPTURE UNION DAILY GUIDE 6TH APRIL 2021 OUTLINE:
In the world or society full of people who love injustice and power, people who cheat, hot-tempered and not contended with what they have, God equips His people to live wisely to avoid His wrath. Note how to prepare God’s people to co-exist with others in godly ways (vs.17-21). How are you living with those around you and preparing others to live so as to bring people to Christ? Vs.22-28 are full of “don’ts”.
They are things we must not do or actions we should not take if we must live peacefully with others to please God. Meditate on these things and note carefully what will happen to anyone who does them. Notice the challenge in v.29; what we should aspire to always be and the outcome. Many people are unemployed, and others have lost their job because they lack competence or skills.
In times of economic downturn and downsizing, people who are skilled in their work hardly lose their good-paying jobs. To work hard to earn a living is a Christian duty (2 Thessalonians 3:6-10).
• So: What kind of testimony do you have among those around you?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Lord, may I be a living testimony of obedience to your instructions so I can always influence others for you.
• Pray for yourself, not to take the grace of God in vain
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Psalm 33:12
BIBLE FOR THE YEAR: Lev. 6-7; Heb. 8
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 6th April 2021 for Tuesday. God bless you!