You are reading Today’s Daily Guide Devotional for 3rd May 2021. May the entrance of His word give you Light and Understanding. Amen.
TOPIC: GOOD INTENTION – IS THAT ALL? (Daily Guide 2nd May 2021)
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, I pray that you order my steps today through your word as I meditate on it.
Scripture: 1 Chronicles 13:1-14
Question(s) for Reflection:
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
SCRIPTURE UNION DAILY GUIDE 3 MAY 2021 OUTLINE
The ark was the symbol of God’s presence and covenant with Israel. During the reign of Saul, it was conspicuously missing from the life of the nation (v.3). When David became king, he took steps to correct this anomaly. How did he do this (vs.1-4)? He was right to consult with the people and carry them along, but was he talking with the right group? Compare vs.1-3 with Numbers 4:15 and 7:9; cf. Deuteronomy 10:8. Compare how the ark was carried (vs.7-9) with God’s instructions in these verses.
In their excitement, David and his officials may have forgotten it was to be carried by the poles on the shoulders of four Kohathites or Levites. It was never to be carried on carts or be touched. Although Uzzah was sincere in trying to protect the ark from falling, he faced the consequences of his action. David was both angry and afraid of God. Strict obedience to God’s word is better than sacrifice or whatever else we can offer to Him. Our zeal and enthusiasm for God must be guided by His word.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Lord, may you be central in every decision I take and in all I do!
• Pray for Christian Ministries that either provide free Bibles or are involved in Bible translation into ethnic languages such as Gideon International, Bible Society of Nigeria, etc.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Num. 15-16; Rev. 20
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 3 May 2021. God bless you!