Open Heaven Today 24th February 2021 Devotional – Perseverance
You are reading Open Heaven Devotional for Today Wednesday 24th February 2021; written by Pastor E.A Adeboye. May you be blessed as you read on.
MEMORISE: “Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.” – Ephesians 6:18
READ: 2 Corinthians 6:3-7 (KJV)
3. Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed;
4. But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5. In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6. By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7. By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left.
TODAY’S MESSAGE: OPEN HEAVEN TODAY 24TH FEBRUARY 2021 DEVOTIONAL
The word perseverance can be simply described as being persistent in doing something despite difficulties and delay in achieving success. No one can excel in the Christian journey without perseverance. (2 Timothy 4:2) encourages us to: Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. The fruit of the Spirit – longsuffering (Galatians 5:22) is exhibited in the life of a believer who perseveres.
In the Christian race, without perseverance it is very easy to fall away from the faith. No wonder Jesus said in the book of Matthew 24:13: But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. Endurance and perseverance are integral to our Christian walk. A believer who cannot endure suffering will be unable to do the will of God. Suffering is one of the ways God purges us of every impurity. Without suffering, the flesh will grow strong and hinder your spiritual growth (Isaiah 48:10).
What kind of hardships should believers endure?
1. Persecution: Jesus said believers will be persecuted for believing in Him. John 15:20 says “…If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you…”
2. Affliction: Sometimes believers would be afflicted but the Bible says it is working for us “… a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory” (2 Corinthians 4:17).
3. Momentary Lack: Apostle Paul says in Philippians 4:12 “I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: everywhere and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.” So when lack comes along, we must learn to endure in faith knowing that storm will be over soon.
It is however comforting to know that despite all the challenges we will face in our Christian race; the crown of life awaits us if we persevere (Revelation 2:10).
REFLECTION: Would you endure hardship for the sake of the gospel?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 8-10
HYMNAL: HYMN 22 – STAND UP! STAND UP FOR JESUS
1. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
Ye soldiers of the Cross!
Lift high His royal banner;
It must not suffer loss.
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.
2. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict,
In this His glorious day;
Ye that are men now serve Him
Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger,
And strength to strength oppose.
3. Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own:
Put on the gospel armour,
And watching unto prayer;
Where duty calls, or danger,
Be never wanting there.
4. Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
The strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle,
The next the victor’s song;
To him that overcometh,
A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory
Shall reign eternally.
Thank you for reading Today’s Open Heaven 24th February 2021 Today Devotional – Perseverance by Pastor E.A Adeboye. God bless you!