Open Heaven 10 August 2021 Tuesday – Divine Supplies! written by Pastor E.A Adeboye
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY 10TH AUGUST 2021
TOPIC: DIVINE SUPPLIES!
MEMORISE: “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” – (Phillipians 4:19)
READ: 2 Kings 6:26-30, 7:1-2 (KJV)
2 KINGS 6:26-30
26. And as the king of Israel was passing by upon the wall, there cried a woman unto him, saying, Help, my lord, O king.
- Advertisement -
27. And he said, If the LORD do not help thee, whence shall I help thee? out of the barnfloor, or out of the winepress?
28. And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow.
29. So we boiled my son, and did eat him; and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him; and she hath hid her son.
30. And it came to pass, when the king heard the words of the woman, that he rent his clothes; and he passed by upon the wall, and the people looked, and, behold, he had sackcloth within upon his flesh.
2 KINGS 7:1-2
1. Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.
2. Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
RCCG Open Heaven 10th August 2021 Tuesday Message:
Considering the economic situation in the world today, anyone can see that divine intervention is urgently needed. The fact that a few nations especially in the so-called developed world seem to be ‘comfortably fed’ does not mean the world at large is economically stable. Although the household of the king may not have felt the heat of food scarcity in Samaria as keenly as the masses in our text of today, the reality of the famine was undeniable in that city.
In like manner, we cannot deny the heat of the economic crunch in the world today. I pray that, just as the Almighty God made divine supplies available for His children in today’s Bible text, so also shall He do for us in this present time, in the mighty name of Jesus. The situation in Samaria, as seen in today’s text was so bad that Elisha’s prophecy of abundant provision within twenty-four hours seemed too good to be true to those who did not know the power of Jehovah-Jireh.
Beloved, divine intervention defies natural laws and protocol. I pray that the Lord will intervene in every situation in your life as you read this today, in Jesus’ name. One lesson we should all learn from the story in today’s text is that whatever God says will happen shall surely come to pass. (2 Kings 7:16) records that: And the people went out, and spoiled the tents of the Syrians. So a measure of fine flour was sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, according to the word of the Lord.
One of my children told of the reality of poverty on the streets of London where some people beg for a spare “penny” to survive. According to him, these beggars are not even foreigners! This is also true of other so-called super powers including the United States, where there are thousands of homeless people. Beloved, I can assure you that, in spite of the seeming economic affluence in some places, there is still poverty in many parts of the world.
I pray for you that the Lord who intervened in the situation of Samaria will grant you divine supplies today, in the mighty name of Jesus.
ACTION POINT: Give your life to Jesus Christ today. If you are already born again, ask Him to turn around every negative situation of your life today, even as He did for Samaria, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 41-42
HYMNAL: HYMN 16 – O GOD, OUR HELP IN AGES PAST
1. O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.
2. Under the shadow of Your throne
Your saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is Your arm alone,
And our defence is sure.
3. Before the hills in order stood,
Or earth received her frame,
From everlasting You are God,
To endless years the same.
4. A thousand ages in Your sight
Are like an evening gone;
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.
5. The busy tribes of flesh and blood,
With all their lives and cares,
Are carried downward by your flood,
And lost in foll’wing years.
6. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
Bears all its sons away;
They fly forgotten, as a dream
Dies at the opening day.
7. O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come:
Be Thou our guard while troubles last,
And our eternal home.
Thank you for reading Today’s Open Heaven 10 August 2021 Tuesday – Divine Supplies! God bless you!