MFM Daily Devotional 17th February 2021 Today’s Wednesday – Christ’s Second Coming:Prove Scoffers Wrong (III)
You are reading MFM Daily Devotional for Today Wednesday 17th February 2021; written by Pastor D.K Olukoya. May you be blessed as you read on.
TOPIC: CHRIST’S SECOND COMING:PROVING SCOFFERS WRONG (III)
Fire Scripture: Titus 2:13-14
OUTLINE: MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL 17TH FEBRUARY 2021 TODAY’S WEDNESDAY
God’s word is infallible and inerrant. His promise about the salvation of Israel will be fulﬁlled at Christ’s second coming. The Bible afﬁrms that “for if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?” (Romans 11:24). The fact that Christ will return to fulﬁl this prophecy is another proof we need to note.
In addition, Christ will return for His vindication. The world saw Him die on the cross, bleeding and naked. When He resurrected, He appeared only to believers who touched Him and related with Him. Later, the unbelieving world will see His glory displayed to everyone. Hebrew 9: 28 says, “So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
Besides, the Saviour who was humiliated and put to death like a criminal in man’s utter display of hatred for God will return as the conquering Lord and every eye will see Him (Luke 21:25-27; Revelation 1:7). Finally, the Second Coming of Christ is inevitable because the destruction of satan as a Bible prophecy is tied to it. God’s word will never fail and His plan can never be thwarted. Christ is the only rightful ruler of the world, satan is an usurper. When Christ returns, He will overthrow and destroy satan completely.
Finally, Christ’s return is imperative because the saints’ hope depends on it. The saints are the true believers in God. They love Christ’s appearing and look forward to it (2 Timothy 4:8). The apostle John says, “Now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is” (1 John 3:2).
The return of Christ will instantly usher in the fullness of our glorification. Beloved, were you in doubt about Christ’s second coming? Our discourse in the last three days is meant to help correct your view and encourage you to educate and convert others. I pray that the Holy Spirit help you, in Jesus’ name.
Memory Verse: 1 John 3:2 – “Now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is”
Motivational Quote: Let us consider this settled, that no one has made progress in the school of Christ who does not joyfully await the day of death and final resurrection.
Prophetic Word: Receive the grace to be a true bride of Christ with garment without blemish, spot or wrinkle, in the name of Jesus.
HYMN: I will sing
1. I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever,
I will sing, I will sing.
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever,
I will sing of the mercies of the Lord.
With my mouth will I make known
Thy faithfulness, Thy faithfulness.
With my mouth will I make known
Thy faithfulness to all generations. I will Lord.
I will sing, I will sing,
My mouth make known my mouth make known
1. Father, I thank You because Your word concerning Christ’s return will not fail, in the name of Jesus.
2. Forgive me, Father, for the ways that I have allowed myself to become entangled with the things of this world, in the name of Jesus.
3. Father, forgive me because I have allowed my heart to be weighed down with the anxieties of life and my watchfulness for the coming of Jesus has been diminished, in the name of Jesus.
4. Father, let all doubt and unbelief regarding the Second Coming of Christ be destroyed and replaced with holy anticipation, in the name of Jesus
5. Father, help me to set my mind on things above and to unclutter my thoughts from the passing affairs of this world, in the name of Jesus.
6. Father, forgive and heal Your Church of prayerlessness, especially about Christ’s return, in the name of Jesus.
7. I overcome the lies and devices of the devil to hinder people from preparing for Christ’s return, by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Lev. 14 – 15
Thank you for reading Today’s MFM Daily Devotional 17th February 2021 Today’s Message – Christ’s Second Coming:Prove Scoffers Wrong (III) by Pastor D.K Olukoya. God bless you!