MFM Daily Devotional 14th April 2021 – Lessons From The Life Of Absalom (II)
Read MFM Daily Devotional for 14 April 2021 Wednesday written by Pastor D.K Olukoya. Be inspired as you read on.
TOPIC: LESSONS FROM THE LIFE OF ABSALOM (II) ( See Also MFM Daily Devotional 13th April 2021)
Fire Scripture: 2 Samuel 15:1-37
OUTLINE: MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL 14TH APRIL 2021
In continuation of yesterday’s devotion and study on Absalom, there are yet many lessons to learn. Remember the Bible tells us expressly that the lives of these ones are for our own example. It will therefore be a tragedy to live without taking clues from those that have gone, to avoid their errors. Absalom was an insubordinate child and a betrayal of his father’s love.
Up till his death, the compassionate father, David, still desired that he be brought to him unhurt. But alas, his hairs got trapped in the tree and this led to his death. He was unforgiving. He refused to forgive Ammon, his half-brother, for what he did to Tamar, his sister. He kept this in mind for long, seeking a suitable day to revenge. Contrary to God’s commandment, it is a sin to revenge any offence, no matter the magnitude.
Absalom represents evil conspirators, agent of felony and deceit. He planned a false party and made his father to approve the attendance of Ammon, knowing full well his intention was to kill him in revenge of his sister, Tamar. He mischievously won the hearts of the people and set them against his father, including Ahitophel, a beloved and cherished counsellor of his father.
As a child of God, do you nurse such rash and ungodly ambitions like Absalom? He did not regard even Joab that once helped him. He was so self-centred that his evil ambition to seize the kingdom from his father beclouded him. He lost all and lost his life. Such is the reward and painful gains of conspirators and all ungodly fellows.
Finally, Absalom can be termed a household enemy in the guise of a son. According to Matt 10:36, Absalom became an enemy to his own father. Consumed by ambition, he was ready to confront his father’s armies of war. He slept with his father’s concubines openly. What effrontery and what humiliation! When children grow into adulthood, they should appreciate the love their parents have showered on them and their efforts in nurturing them.
They should not pay back with ingratitude and disloyalty as Absalom did. Absalom disobeyed God’s command to children on their parents. That is why his days were not long. Beloved, I pray that the evil spirit that possessed Absalom, the spirit of treachery and destruction, shall not come upon you, in Jesus’ name.
Memory Verse: Proverb 11:29 – “He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart”
Motivational Quote: Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy.
Prophetic Word: Every curse of household enemies pulling you into destruction shall be cancelled, in the name of Jesus.
HYMN: Lord Jesus, Think On Me
1. Lord Jesus, think on me, And purge away my sin: From earthborn passions set me free, And make me pure within.
2. Lord Jesus, think on me With many a care oppress’d; Let me Thy loving servant be, And taste Thy promised rest.
3. Lord Jesus, think on me, Nor let me go astray; Through darkness and perplexity Point Thou the heavenly way.
4. Lord Jesus, think on me, That, when the flood is past, I may the eternal brightness see, And share Thy joy at last.
5. Lord Jesus, think on me, That I may sing above To Father, Holy Ghost, and Thee The songs of praise and love.
1. The counsel of the enemies over my life shall not stand, in the name of Jesus.
2. Stones of fire, scatter the congregation of conspirators designed against my life, in the name of Jesus.
3. Evil plans of the enemies against me, scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus
4. Household wickedness that is after my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
5. Power that joined hands together in order to reinforce battle against my life, scatter and gather no more, in the name of Jesus.
6. I destroy any power assigned to avenge the evil of my ancestors over my life, in the name of Jesus
7. O God, arise and give me peace in my household, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1Sam 21; 1Sam 22; 1Sam 23; 1Sam 24
Thank you for reading Today’s MFM Daily Devotional 14th April 2021. God bless you!