MFM Daily Devotional 11th April 2021 – Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting
Mountain Top MFM Daily Devotional for Sunday 11 April 2021 written by Pastor D.K Olukoya.
TOPIC: SPIRITUAL BENEFITS OF FASTING ( See MFM Daily Devotional 10th April 2021)
Fire Scripture: Matt. 17:14-21
OUTLINE: MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL 11TH APRIL 2021
Jesus emphasised the importance of fasting to His disciples and all children of God. He made it clear that some levels of spiritual feats can only be attained with fasting and prayers. Hence, you need to raise your spiritual frequency above the usual in order to overcome some of the battles you are engaged in. Fasting is one of the ways Christians empower and energise the spirit man. It purges, breaks and humbles the flesh (the old man) in the believer.
It brings the body under subjection to the spirit man. It humbles the believer before God. It sanctifies his soul and spirit. When a believer fasts, he is telling God that He takes priority over his desires. Fasting is choosing God and denying oneself. Beloved, fasting is no bribery; it does not change God. Rather, it changes us. It is one of the ways we consecrate ourselves in order to bring down the power of God upon our lives.
It is a way to prepare you as a vessel for God and cleanse you for Him to use. Fasting keeps believers away from sin. Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights before he started His ministry (Matthew 4 :1- 3). Before embarking on any assignment, take your time to commit it into the hands of God with fasting and prayers. The people of Nineveh fasted and prayed in repentance when Jonah confronted them with their sins (Jonah 3:5).
David also fasted and prayed when Prophet Nathan confronted him with his sin (2 Samuel 12:16). You should be ready to do the same when confronted with the guilt of your sins. That is, repent and ask for forgiveness in prayers and fasting. Jehoshaphat declared a fast throughout Judah (2 Chronicles 20:3) and God gave him a miraculous victory. The disciples of Jesus and John the Baptist fasted.
It is amazing, that even the children of the devil know the importance of fasting. In Acts 23:12 – 16, there were forty men who took an oath and fasted to kill Apostle Paul. If the children of the devil could fast because they wanted to kill one man, the children of God should know and do better.
The good thing about fasting is that it brings us closer to God and increases our spiritual temperature if done in consecration and submission to His will. Please note, beloved brother and sister, let your fasting be done purposely in order to achieve the desired result.
Memory Verse: Matthew 17:21 “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting”
Motivational Quote: Fasting is the fertilizer that gives our prayers nutrients and humble the activities.
Prophetic Word: Your God shall arise and honour your fasting and prayers, in the name of Jesus.
HYMN: Take My Life And Let It Be
1. Take my life and let it be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee; Take my moments and my days, Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2. Take my hands and let them move At the impulse of Thy love; Take my feet and let them be Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3. Take my voice and let me sing Always, only, for my King; Take my lips and let them be Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold Not a mite would I withhold; Take my intellect and use Ev’ry pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine It shall be no longer mine; Take my heart it is Thine own, It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love my Lord, I pour At Thy feet its treasure store; Take myself and I will be Ever, only, all for Thee.
1. Lord, help me to redefine my priorities to fit into Your will for my life, in the name of Jesus
2. Fire of revival, enter into my bones, in the name of Jesus
3. Holy Ghost fire, cleanse and purify my vessel, in the name of Jesus.
4. Lord Jesus, make me a useable material in Your hand, in the name of Jesus
5. I bind and destroy every instrument of spiritual laziness in my life, in the name of Jesus
6. Every work of the flesh hindering my spiritual growth, die, in the name Jesus
7. Father, open my eyes to my spiritual weaknesses and help me to overcome them, in the name of Jesus
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1Sam. 13; 1Sam. 14
Thank you for reading Today’s MFM Daily Devotional 11th April 2021. God bless you!