DCLM Daily Manna for 20 April 2021 Devotional – Certainty Of Death
Today’s 20th April 2021 DCLM Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for Today Tuesday written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi. May you be inspired today!
TOPIC: CERTAINTY OF DEATH ( DCLM Daily Manna 19th April 2021)
TEXT: Job 30:15-23
15. Terrors are turned upon me; they pursue my soul as the wind; and my welfare passeth away as a cloud.
16. And now my soul is poured out upon me; the days of affliction have taken hold upon me.
17. My bones are pierced in me in the night season; and my sinews take no rest.
18. By the great force of my disease is my garment changed; it bindeth me about as the collar of my coat.
19. He hath cast me into the mire, and I am become like dust and ashes.
20. I cry unto thee, and thou dost not hear me; I stand up, and thou regardest me not.
21. Thou art become cruel to me; with thy strong hand thou opposest thyself against me.
22. Thou liftest me up to the wind; thou causest me to ride upon it, and dissolvest my substance.
23. For I know that thou wilt bring me to death, and to the house appointed for all living.
KEY VERSE: “For I know that thou wilt bring me to death, and to the house appointed for all living.” – Job 30:23
TODAY MESSAGE: DCLM DAILY MANNA 20TH APRIL 2021 DEVOTIONAL
Job was a man who knew pain and sorrows. Death was no stranger to his household as he had the misfortune of burying ten children in a day. He talked about his painful experiences and how the sorrowful ordeal affected him. “And now my soul is poured out upon me; the days of affliction have taken hold upon me” (Job 30:16). He saw the pain and sickness leading to an inevitable end – death. He saw substantial deterioration in his physical and mental condition as evidence of an impending and unavoidable transition.
Death is real and it is the common end of mankind. The reality of death must teach the Christian to redeem the time and use every available opportunity to labour profitably for the Master. Because it comes to all without notice or respect to age, gender or social status, we need to prepare for it by serving the Lord with all our might, time, talent and resources. Every day must be like our last day on earth.
Allow the reality of death to keep you sober and watchful. God kept and protected Job despite his ignorance of the hedge that He had made to keep Satan from snuffing out his life.
The Lord who kept him will surely keep you from every evil work today as you faithfully carry out His directives and obey His word. His promise for faithful believers remains, “Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine” (Psalm 33:18,19).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Live every day for the Lord.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 26-28
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 20th April 2021 Devotional. God bless you!