DCLM Daily Manna 15th December 2020 Devotional – Following God’s Pattern
You are reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna Devotional for Tuesday 15th December 2020 written by Pastor W.F Kumuyi. Be inspired by today’s reading. God bless you!
TOPIC: FOLLOWING GOD’S PATTERN
TEXT: Exodus 25:31-40
31. And thou shalt make a candlestick of pure gold; of beaten work shall the candlestick be made; his shaft, and his branches, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, shall be of the same.
32. And six branches shall come out of the sides of it; three branches of the candlestick out of the one side, and three branches of the candlestick out of the other side;
33. Three bowls made like unto almonds, with a knop and a flower in one branch; and three bowls made like almonds in the other branch, with a knop and a flower; so in the six branches that come out of the candlestick.
34. And in the candlestick shall be four bowls made like unto almonds, with their knops and their flowers.
35. And there shall be a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, according to the six branches that proceed out of the candlestick.
36. Their knops and their branches shall be of the same; all it shall be one beaten work of pure gold.
37. And thou shalt make the seven lamps thereof; and they shall light the lamps thereof, that they may give light over against it.
38. And the tongs thereof, and the snuffdishes thereof, shall be of pure gold.
39. Of a talent of pure gold shall he make it, with all these vessels.
40. And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount.
KEY VERSE: “And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount.” – Exodus 25:40
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 15th December 2020 Devotional
Presumption is a most underestimated vice. It creeps in unnoticed and spreads very fast. It brings on a person a false sense of importance and accomplishment. But more often than not, it flies off tangent from the expected norm in a family, society or even a Christian community. It is more devastating when someone builds his life wholly on a presumptuous platform.
God did not want Moses to make the mistake most people make, hence, He admonished him to ensure that the construction of the lampstand followed His explicit instruction and glaring example. Moses was to build the candlestick to specification.
For a start, it had to be of pure gold with six branches, divided into three on each side of the candlestick. Each branch had three almond shaped bowls with each decorated with a knob and a flower. The candlestick itself should have four almond shaped bowls, also decorated with knobs and flowers.
On the whole, three knobs were to be built, each under two branches of the candlestick. Like the candlestick itself, the knobs and the branches were to be made of pure gold. Seven lamps, its tongs and snuff dishes were all to be made of pure gold measured to weigh a talent.
God was so specific on what He wanted and asked Moses to build them exactly like the sample He was shown on the mount. God expects us to do all things according to pattern. Our worship and Christian practices, in the family and church, must follow scriptural patterns. There is no room for syncretism or flamboyance.
We must do everything decently and in order. Similarly, our lives must conform to the greatest sample we have ever been given: the life of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He is our perfect Example. If we are His children, then we must pattern our lives after His. We have no other choice.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A house built without specification is doomed to collapse.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Nahum 1-3
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 15th December 2020 Devotional – Following God’s Pattern