DCLM Daily Manna 28th December 2020 Devotional – Don’t Believe It!
You are reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna Devotional for Monday 28th December 2020 written by Pastor W.F Kumuyi. Be inspired by today’s reading. God bless you!
TOPIC: DON’T BELIEVE IT!
TEXT: Psalm 119:121-128
121. I have done judgment and justice; leave me not to mine oppressors.
122. Be surety for thy servant for good; let not the proud oppress me.
123. Mine eyes fail for thy salvation, and for the word of thy righteousness.
124. Deal with thy servant according unto thy mercy, and teach me thy statutes.
125. I am thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know thy testimonies.
126. It is time for thee, LORD, to work; for they have made void thy law.
127. Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.
128. Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.
KEY VERSE: “I have done judgment and justice: leave me not to mine oppressors.” – (Psalm 119:121)
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 28th December 2020 Devotional
Most people erroneously believe that we have a Creator who has made up His mind to judge us only on account of our shortcomings; hardly looking at where we have tried to please Him according to the grace He gives us
There is no record of this stance of the Lord in the Bible. What we have is the opposite: a faithful God who consistently leaves ample room for godly repentance and for us to present our case before Him for mercy and pardon. We find this validated in the petition of the psalmist.
Surrounded by “proud oppressors” who were no doubt out to destroy him, he runs to the Lord for help. He is familiar with the ways of his God, for he describes himself as His “servant”, unlike others who are alien to Him. Indeed, he reminds the Lord that others have “made void” His law. But he exalts the Lord and “…love [His] commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold…”
With this, the writer has met the condition for a walk with the Lord and for him to present his case before Him. Has not our Father Himself said, “produce your cause…bring forth your strong reasons”? When King Jehoshaphat and Judah were faced with a battle they knew they could not win on their own, they produced reasons why heaven should intervene. God accepted their plea and secured them a miraculous victory.
God will always rescue His faithful children from the hands of oppressors. The Lord receives such persons with open arms. He does not only deliver them from those hunting them for a kill; He also turns them into mighty personalities He uses to convert their enemies into Kingdom children.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Be Word-friendly to be the friend of God.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Revelation 12-14
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 28th December 2020 Devotional – Don’t Believe It!
DCLM Daily Manna 27th December 2020 Devotional