Scripture Union Daily Guide 3rd November 2020 Today Devotional
TOPIC: IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE CONDEMNED
Opening Prayer: Oh Lord, grant me divine guidance as I read and meditate on your word in Jesus name.
Scripture: 1 Kings 16:1-14
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
MESSAGE: Scripture Union Daily Guide 3rd November 2020
It is very likely that Baasha did not realize that he was used by God to execute punishment on the house of Jeroboam, or else he would not have walked in Jeroboam’s footsteps. He knew how the house of Jeroboam suffered because of God’s punishment. Take a few minutes to reflect on why you think Baasha did not obey God and instead, led Israel to sin.
He knew that when kings were deposed, their families went with them. Why would Baasha not take measures that would protect his family but instead set them up for destruction? Elah, his son, did evil before the Lord as well and made Israel to sin like during the time of Jeroboam and his father.
Could it be that he did not hear what prophet Jehu told his father? Elah obviously did not even heed the teaching of the prophet in the palace. Many people tend to follow what their leaders or significant others do in their own lives. If the king did it why could they not follow?
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Meditation: You hear the word of God being preached and you read it as you are doing now. List areas that you need to change to please God.
• Pray for grace to take action on the above meditation.
• Pray for the Church to spend money in a way that will best honour God.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Colossians 1:13
Read The Bible In One Year: Col. 2
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 3rd November 2020 – In The Footsteps Of The Condemned