Scripture Union Daily Guide 22nd October 2020 Today Message
TOPIC: CHRIST, THE WISDOM OF GOD
Opening Prayer: Help me dear Lord to meet with you as I meditate on your word in Jesus name.
Scripture: Proverbs 8:22-36
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
MESSAGE: Scripture Union Daily Guide 22nd October 2020
As the saying goes; “If the lizard boasts that he has discovered an ointment that keeps the skin smooth, you look for its effects on the lizard himself before committing yourself to that ointment!” In today’s passage we are fully introduced to the One who is wisdom and why we should always believe him when he tells us to heed his voice alone.
The description in vv.22–31 would indicate no other person than the One whom Apostle Paul describes as, “the power of God and the wisdom of God” (1 Corinthians 1:24). This is no other person but our Lord Jesus Christ. In him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:3).
Since this is so, can you afford to ignore what Wisdom offers you? Look again at vv.35,36 which bear the same message as John 3:36 and ensure that you respond positively for your best interest. Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your heart.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• And so: The same Lord Jesus Christ who offers pardon, peace, strength and purpose to us, also asks for our loyalty, commitment and service.
Hymn: I Could Not Do Without Thee
1. I could not do without Thee
O Savior of the lost,
Whose precious blood redeemed me
At such tremendous cost.
Thy righteousness, Thy pardon
Thy precious blood, must be
My only hope and comfort,
My glory and my plea.
2. I could not do without Thee!
No other friend can read
The spirit’s strange deep longings,
Interpreting its need;
No human heart could enter
Each dim recess of mine,
And soothe, and hush, and calm it,
O bless?d Lord, but Thine.
• Teach me dear Lord, to embrace and take full advantage of the wisdom that you offer me.
• Pray that God will protect Christians against hostile governments.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Psalm 34:17
Read The Bible In One Year: 1 Sam. 27-29; 1 Tim. 3
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 22nd October 2020 – Christ, The Wisdom Of God