Scripture Union Daily Guide 21st October 2020 Today Devotional
TOPIC: INTEGRITY IN RELATIONSHIP
Opening Prayer: Oh Lord, grant me spiritual insight into the truth of your word as I study it.
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 7: 2-16
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
MESSAGE: Scripture Union Daily Guide 21st October 2020
Openness, sincerity and honesty are characteristics of true relationship. Notice how this is reflected in Paul’s letter in vv.11–12? The same characteristics constitute the reason for their misunderstanding. In spite of the challenges he has gone through, Paul still expresses his love, his concern and his trust in them.
Today Scripture Union Daily Guide 21 October 2020
A Yoruba adage says, when friends meet together over a serious issue but depart smiling and laughing, they probably have not faced the truth. Paul wrote a severe letter for the benefit of the Corinthians and for them to accept his message and his apostleship.
As Christians, occasions will arise when we have to rebuke each other by telling the truth in love. This may cause severe pain, but in the long term, it is of benefit to the family. All is well that ends well. Paul was happy that his letter to the Corinthian church yielded fruit of repentance.
A mature Christian should graciously accept constructive criticism, sincerely evaluate, and grow from it (vv.8–9). Notice the difference between godly sorrow and worldly sorrow (v.10). Read (v.11) again and see how Paul celebrated the kind of godly sorrow demonstrated by the Corinthian Church.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Thought: How credible are you as a child of God?
Prayer: Today Scripture Union Daily Guide 21 October 2020
• Lord, please help us build true and quality relationship in our fellowships and bring joy to someone passing through affliction.
• Pray for political leaders to know that power belongs to God and, therefore, be willing to work for and uphold free and fair electoral processes and systems.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Jeremiah 1:7
Read The Bible In One Year: 1 Sam. 25-26; 1 Tim. 2
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 21st October 2020 – Integrity In Relationship