Scripture Union Daily Guide 15th October 2020 Today Message
TOPIC: YOUR LIFE:LETTER READ BY ALL
Opening Prayer: Sanctify my life dear Lord as I study your word in Jesus name.
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 3:1-6
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
MESSAGE: Scripture Union Daily Guide 15th October 2020
It is amazing that the Corinthian had become so influenced by false teachers, such that they were demanding that Paul should come with a letter of recommendation. While it is a common practice to carry letters of recommendation (Act 18:27, 22:5), Paul tells the Corinthians that there is something else more important than a letter of recommendation.
Read vv.2–3 again and take note of what Paul considers to be more important. The emphasis of the church today is on the wrong criteria for a successful ministry. For authentication of their ministries, some of our leaders depend on acquisition of many titles and long introduction, public relations expertise etc. Paul however, tells us that the only evidence and recommendation of an authentic ministry is a changed life.
We are the letters (witnesses) of Christ that the world is reading. We cannot do anything by our own ability (John 15:5). The ability to impact our society and bring about transformation comes only from Christ (vv.4–6). This awareness should make us humble, no matter the testimonies that follow our ministry and help us to continually rely on the Holy Spirit.
⁂ Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• A Challenge: People would rather see a sermon through our lives than listen to ten preached at them.
Hymn: God Loveth The Righteous
1. God loveth the righteous, His goodness is sure.
He never forsaketh the good and the pure.
Yet once my faith faltered, I envied the proud,
In doubt and disquiet my spirit was bowed.
2. In garments of boasting and violence decked,
With wealth more abundant than heart could expect,
They scoff, and the helpless they proudly oppress.
The heavens and the earth they assume to possess.
• Meditate on Matthew 5:16 and pray that the Lord, may help you to be his faithful commendation to the world around you.
• Pray for Human Rights organizations to take interest in the persecution of Christians.
• Offer a prayer of faith in line with Matt. 11:28
Read The Bible In One Year: 1 Sam. 10-12; Eph. 5:17-33
Thank you for reading Today’s Scripture Union Daily Guide 15th October 2020 – Your Life:Letter Read By All