MFM Daily Devotional 9th October 2020 written by Pastor D.K Olukoya
TOPIC: TRAPS YOU MUST AVOID
Fire Scripture: Matt. 19:26; Luke 18:27; Luke 1:37
TODAY’S OUTLINE: MFM Daily Devotional 9th October 2020
God has some unique lessons for you in today’s devotional on the traps that you must avoid. The devil often instigates people to taunt or annoy men having dark powers. There was a time some people were fighting very close to where I was. One of them was equipped with voodoo charms from head to toe. He was boasting of his plan to ruthlessly deal with a small boy. I looked at the man and I smiled.
I then told those who were standing by that, “This man who decorated himself with juju has no power.” The reason is that, if you see a true demonic priest he is usually quiet, with a gentle disposition. He does not trouble anybody. He speaks very softly and looks completely harmless and innocent.
Those who have power do not exhibit their power openly or boastfully like that. When the devil wants to deal with somebody, he would instigate the person to go and annoy people who are loaded with demonic power.
Many sisters are in trouble because they are loud mouthed. They can abuse the whole world. Recently, one evil man was abused. He just smiled and walked away. When he got to his coven, he said, “You demons, go and trouble the woman who abused me today, including all her children.” This was how the woman who spoke carelessly put herself and her children into trouble.
Christians do not make jest of mad people or strangely dressed people, for it might be a trap for them to say what they are not supposed to say, thereby endangering themselves. Today’s passages are unanimous in their declaration of the fact that the snares of the fowler are subtle traps you must avoid.
Memory Verse: Job 18:10 “The snare is laid for him in the ground, and a trap for him in the way.”
Motivational Quote: When God gives you a dream of greatness it will fire your zeal, inspire your life, motivate your inner man, and keep you moving forward until you get to your final destination.
Prophetic Word: That poison you have swallowed unconsciously that is moving in your body like serpent wanting to choke your breath; you the serpent hiding, your time is up, get out from that belly in the name of Jesus.
HYMN: MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS
1. My hope is built on nothing less,
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
2. When darkness seems to veil His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
3. His oath, His covenant, and blood,
Support me in the ‘whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
– Edward Mote
1. I break and cancel every curse, spell, gannet, hex enchantment, bewitchment, incantation placed upon me by any satanic agent, in the name of Jesus
2. I break and cancel every inherited curse in the name of Jesus
3. Every curse that came to me through the sins of my ancestors, break by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus
1. Every curse that came to me through my sins, break by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus
2. Every curse issued by unfriendly friends against my life, be nullified, in the name of Jesus
3. Every curse issued by my husband/wife, be nullified in Jesus’ name
4. Every curse issued by envious friends, be nullified, in Jesus’ name
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Galatians 4; Galatians 5; Galatians 16
Thank you for reading Today’s MFM Daily Devotional 9th October 2020 – Traps You Must Avoid by Pastor D.K Olukoya