Open Heaven 6th September 2020 Devotional – What Can You Do For God by Pastor E.A Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR GOD
MEMORISE: “Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.” – 1 Samuel 12:24
READ: Matthew 19:16-22 (KJV)
16. And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17. And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God; but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19. Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up; what lack I yet?
21. Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven; and come and follow me.
22. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful; for he had great possessions.
TODAY’S MESSAGE: Open Heaven 6th September 2020 Devotional
You know that you have met the black sheep of a home when you see a person who only cares about what he/she can get from the family. Good children, no matter how wealthy the family is, are more interested in increasing the family’s wealth.Black sheep exist in Gods family too.
They only care about what they can get from God and never bother about what they can give to Him. They show up when the Pastor wants to pray for business growth but are absent during evangelism. Thankfully, God also has many children who are committed to giving all to Him, hungry to make Him happy every day.
To which category do you belong? Always check to see if God needs anything to be done. Ask your Pastor how you can be of service to God. Organise seminars, evangelisms, Bible Study meetings, invite speakers to teach the people more about the Bible, raise ideas on how the Church can grow.
Become obsessed with doing something for God. Mordecai told Esther:
“…and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” – Esther 4:14
Whatever position you occupy – in the Church or secularly, always seek an opportunity to do something for God through it. Whatever it is you have professional network, money, influence or physical strength, let your thoughts always be “How can I use this to advance the kingdom of God?”
The child who is always thinking about giving to the family rather than receiving is the one who will enjoy the best the father of the home has to offer. David was always thinking of what he could do for God. Even when God told him not to build His temple, he provided all that was needed for it.
God blessed him so much that he had all he ever wanted, and even more.If you are constantly thinking of what you can do for God, He will pour the best blessings upon you. Those who always offer acceptable service to God never lack any good thing.
ACTION POINT: From now, commit to doing things that would make God happy.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 35-37
Thank you for reading Today’s Open Heaven 6th September 2020 Devotional – What Can You Do For God by Pastor E.A Adeboye