DCLM Daily Manna 3rd September 2020 – Shun Abominable Practices by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: SHUN ABOMINABLE PRACTICES
TEXT: Deuteronomy 18:9-14
9. When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD; and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
13. Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
14. For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners; but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.
Key Verse: “When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.” Deuteronomy 18:9
TODAY’S MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 3rd September 2020
A young Christian man got admission into a university in Africa. Instead of joining godly fellowships in school, he went to identify with unbelievers. One day, soldiers found him partying around 1am in town, mistook him for an armed robber and shot him dead.
Moses, the prophet of God, after giving specific instructions concerning the priests, highlighted divine imperatives on the generality of the Israelites. He enumerated abominations of the inhabitants of the land which the Israelites were to abstain from.
One of such practices was occultism; others include divination, observing of times, enchantment, witchcraft, familiar spirits, wizardry and necromancy. These were the practices of the heathen nations whom the Lord drove out of the Promised Land. God demanded perfection from the children of Israel.
Involvement in occultism is a great affront to the supremacy of God and a challenge to His sovereignty. It entails the recognition of a rival deity besides the true God. Even today, many people still go to those who use diabolical means to get information about themselves or others. Some get initiated because they want power, popularity, success or wealth.
Believers must avoid these and several other traditional practices that link people with Satan and his kingdom. Those who are involved in these practices must desist and pray for forgiveness. God demands perfection from us.
To be perfect is to be holy in thought, words and actions. It is to be free from the works of the flesh and manifest the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:19-24).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Avoid practices that challenge the supremacy and sovereignty of God.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 80-84
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 3rd September 2020 – Shun Abominable Practices by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi