DCLM Daily Manna 27th September 2020 Devotional written by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TOPIC: DON’T WORSHIP MOLECH
TEXT: Leviticus 20:1-9
1. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
2. Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death; the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
3. And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.
4. And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not;
5. Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.
6. And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.
7. Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy; for I am the LORD your God.
8. And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them; I am the LORD which sanctify you.
9. For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death; he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
KEY VERSE: “Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.” – (Leviticus 20:2)
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 27th September 2020 Devotional
A white missionary went with a local guide to one community in East Africa, during a yearly festival called “Skull Dance”, where the locals danced holding human skulls until the god of the community would appear, which climaxed the occasion and all would rejoice for a successful festival. But with the presence of this missionary, that ‘god’ could not come as they waited in vain. Finally, he told them their expected “visitor” would not come because of the presence of “the Master”.
The worship of Molech was forbidden and it attracted the death penalty. The evil practice that involved child sacrifices to the Canaanitish idol must not be followed by Israel. Also prohibited was involvement with familiar spirits, witchcraft and the likes. They were to sanctify themselves and remain holy unto the Lord.
The fall of Adam has a devastating effect on all humans, which among other things resulted in man’s descent into worshipping of idols. It is inconceivable how a man in his right senses can fall down to worship a carved image, a piece of iron, a tree or a river. Giving allegiance to anything else apart from God is a violation of His first and second commandments (Exodus 20:3-5).
His commandments are timeless and are to be obeyed throughout all generations. They are to be cherished by those who seek to make heaven. No other laws can guarantee the love of God. No other laws can guide us into His presence in heaven or ensure we enjoy peace of mind here on earth.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Worship the only true and living God, not idols.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ecclesiastes 1 – 3
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 27th September 2020 Today Devotional Message – Don’t Worship Molech by Pastor W.F Kumuyi