DCLM Daily Manna 20th September 2020 Devotional written by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: PROOF OF TRUE PROPHETS
TEXT: Jeremiah 28:1-9
1. And it came to pass the same year, in the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, in the fourth year, and in the fifth month, that Hananiah the son of Azur the prophet, which was of Gibeon, spake unto me in the house of the LORD, in the presence of the priests and of all the people, saying,
2. Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying, I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon.
3. Within two full years will I bring again into this place all the vessels of the LORD’S house, that Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon took away from this place, and carried them to Babylon;
4. And I will bring again to this place Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, with all the captives of Judah, that went into Babylon, saith the LORD; for I will break the yoke of the king of Babylon.
5. Then the prophet Jeremiah said unto the prophet Hananiah in the presence of the priests, and in the presence of all the people that stood in the house of the LORD,
6. Even the prophet Jeremiah said, Amen; the LORD do so; the LORD perform thy words which thou hast prophesied, to bring again the vessels of the LORD’S house, and all that is carried away captive, from Babylon into this place.
7. Nevertheless hear thou now this word that I speak in thine ears, and in the ears of all the people;
8. The prophets that have been before me and before thee of old prophesied both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of war, and of evil, and of pestilence.
9. The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him.
KEY VERSE: “The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him.” Jeremiah 28:9
TODAY’S MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 20th September 2020 Devotional
Most times, false prophets are bold and audacious. Their words are often compelling, confusing and incisive. The case of Hananiah the son of Azur, a Gibeonite, was not different at all.
He gave a prophecy that within two full years both the captive king of Judah, Jeconiah, all the captives of Judah as well as the vessels of the house of the Lord which Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon carried away, would be returned. This declaration was made openly and publicly before the priests and congregation who were gathered in the house of the Lord.
The influence of false prophets can be damning. The rebellion against God and the false confidence it gives to His people make it imperative for true servants of God to resist such religious miscreants. Prophet Jeremiah did exactly that by warning Hananiah of the grave consequences of his actions and formally declared to him that God would cast him off the face of the earth that year; and it was accomplished at the end of the seventh month of the same year.
Every believer should be watchful so as not to fall victim to false prophets. Prophet Jeremiah was a true and dependable prophet whose words and declarations came to pass according to the power of God which worked mightily and continually through him.
False prophets are human agents of Satan that we must resist at all costs. Their products are poisonous and lead to eternal damnation of the souls of men. Paul fought vehemently against their doctrines; present day believers must follow that step.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: True prophets uplift; false prophets destroy.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 12-14
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 20th September 2020 Devotional – Proof Of True Prophets by Pastor W.F Kumuyi