DCLM Daily Manna 31st August 2020 – Are You Chosen? By Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: ARE YOU CHOSEN?
TEXT: Deuteronomy 18:1-8
1. The priests the Levites, and all the tribe of Levi, shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel; they shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and his inheritance.
2. Therefore shall they have no inheritance among their brethren; the LORD is their inheritance, as he hath said unto them.
3. And this shall be the priest’s due from the people, from them that offer a sacrifice, whether it be ox or sheep; and they shall give unto the priest the shoulder, and the two cheeks, and the maw.
4. The first fruit also of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the first of the fleece of thy sheep, shalt thou give him.
5. For the LORD thy God hath chosen him out of all thy tribes, to stand to minister in the name of the LORD, him and his sons for ever.
6. And if a Levite come from any of thy gates out of all Israel, where he sojourned, and come with all the desire of his mind unto the place which the LORD shall choose;
7. Then he shall minister in the name of the LORD his God, as all his brethren the Levites do, which stand there before the LORD.
8. They shall have like portions to eat, beside that which cometh of the sale of his patrimony.
KEY VERSE: “For the LORD thy God hath chosen him out of all thy tribes, to stand to minister in the name of the LORD, him and his sons for ever.” Deuteronomy 18:5
TODAY’S MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 31st August 2020
Often, people get themselves into a frenzy when they argue about who is called and who is not. Some people arrogate to themselves the status of “being called” just for the sake of it without doing the duties that “the called” of God are expected to do.
It is like confessing Christ but not willing to bear the cross. A lot of people today are only interested in the benefits that accrue from wearing the toga of “servant of God,” without really doing the work.
The tribe of Levi was appointed by God to work as the spiritual servants for the nations of Israel. For this reason, they were given no portion of land, though they were given 48 cities throughout Canaan.
The Levites, as God’s ministers were in full-time service and so, it was the responsibility of the rest of Israel to provide for them through their offerings. This tribe was “called”; it was specially chosen for special duties. It would be unthinkable for anyone from any other tribe to have usurped the office.
The passage teaches us that people must stay in their appointed offices. People must not hijack offices that are meant for others. There was no account of envy on the part of others and no one considered the Levites as “parasites” who fed on the sacrifices of others. Other tribes in Israel had their special assignments and God-appointed roles.
Likewise in the body of Christ, roles have been assigned. Believers must stay true to their roles and concentrate so well in order to deliver on their duties.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Know your calling
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 68-71
Thanks for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 31st August 2020 – Are You Chosen? By Pastor W.F Kumuyi