DCLM Daily Manna 25th August 2020 by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: Which Is Your Company?
KEY VERSE: “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.” – (Psalm 1:1)
TEXT: Psalm 1:1-6
1. Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4. The ungodly are not so; but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous; but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
MESSAGE: DCLM DAILY MANNA 25TH AUGUST 2020 DEVOTIONAL
George Washington, first president of the United States of America once said, “Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for ‘tis better to be alone than in bad company”. Washington’s counsel is still relevant today as it was years ago. By divine revelation, the psalmist declared that blessedness lies in not keeping the company of evil doers and not making them our counsellors in spiritual things. The believer who seeks spiritual counsel or guidance from sinners is like someone who drinks from dirty fountains.
Our text reveals a sharp contrast between the righteous and the sinner, even as it advocates separation of the godly from the ungodly. It is dangerous for the believer in Christ to get so intimate with the present world. By so doing, he soon gets smeared in the mud of compromise and secret sins.
Believers who keep intimate company of sinners will soon begin to love the world and inevitably make themselves enemies of God. The tendency for the believer to love the world often stems from the desire to please men. However, it is pertinent to note that he who will please all men will, in many points, displease God.
While believers should not avoid sinners in order to be able to preach to them, they must watch over their interactions so as to be able to draw a line and know when to refrain. We must cherish the marked difference God had made between sinner and saints: while the believers are spiritually fresh and fruitful, ungodly are not, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A word is enough for the wise.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thank you for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 25th August 2020 – Which Is Your Company by Pastor W.F Kumuyi. Please share this topic with other people.