DCLM Daily Manna 27th July 2020 Devotional – Eat No Blood! by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: EAT NO BLOOD!
TEXT: Leviticus 17:8-16
8. And thou shalt say unto them, Whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers which sojourn among you, that offereth a burnt offering or sacrifice,
9. And bringeth it not unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to offer it unto the LORD; even that man shall be cut off from among his people.
10. And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
11. For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
12. Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.
13. And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, which hunteth and catcheth any beast or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust.
14. For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof; therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh; for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof; whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.
15. And every soul that eateth that which died of itself, or that which was torn with beasts, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger, he shall both wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even; then shall he be clean.
16. But if he wash them not, nor bathe his flesh; then he shall bear his iniquity.
KEY VERSE: “Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood.” – (Leviticus 17:12)
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 27th July 2020 Devotional
The life of the flesh is in its blood. The text under consideration gives a divine directive as regards tampering with or trivialising the worth of any animal blood. The mosaic and post-mosaic scriptural injunctions were that no flesh should be eaten with its blood.
The blood of every animal slaughtered for meat were to be poured before the Lord. This is a mark of obedience and reverence to God who created these beasts and has the right to the life of everything He has made.
Blood eating is a heathenish practice frowned at by God and forbidden for His children. It has been discovered that those who eat or drink blood stand the risk of contracting diseases and health problems including liver damage, buildup of fluid in the lungs, low blood pressure, nervous disorders and excessive accumulation of iron in their body, according to health experts. God has His good reasons for saying we should eat the flesh of animals but not with the blood. We are to adhere to this rule so that it will be well with us.
The early church elders who had report of many gentiles turning to Christ admonished the new converts to shun fornication, blood eating, etc. The uniform testimony of God’s word in all dispensations is that we should eat no flesh with its blood. Ignorance, whether deliberate or sincere, is never an excuse to break any law. Bible truths are universal and apply to everyone, regardless of race, colour or creed.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Obey God’s word and stay healthy.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicles 34-36
Thanks for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 27th July 2020 Devotional – Eat No Blood! by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.