DCLM Daily Manna 11th July 2020 Devotional – Our Rewardable Service by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: OUR REWARDABLE SERVICE
KEY VERSE: “When they had made an end of dividing the land for inheritance by their coasts, the children of Israel gave an inheritance to Joshua the son of Nun among them.” – (Joshua 19:49)
TEXT: Joshua 19:40-51
40. And the seventh lot came out for the tribe of the children of Dan according to their families.
41. And the coast of their inheritance was Zorah, and Eshtaol, and Irshemesh,
42. And Shaalabbin, and Ajalon, and Jethlah,
43. And Elon, and Thimnathah, and Ekron,
44. And Eltekeh, and Gibbethon, and Baalath,
45. And Jehud, and Beneberak, and Gathrimmon,
46. And Mejarkon, and Rakkon, with the border before Japho.
47. And the coast of the children of Dan went out too little for them; therefore the children of Dan went up to fight against Leshem, and took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and possessed it, and dwelt therein, and called Leshem, Dan, after the name of Dan their father.
48. This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Dan according to their families, these cities with their villages.
49. When they had made an end of dividing the land for inheritance by their coasts, the children of Israel gave an inheritance to Joshua the son of Nun among them;
50. According to the word of the LORD they gave him the city which he asked, even Timnathserah in mount Ephraim; and he built the city, and dwelt therein.
51. These are the inheritances, which Eleazar the priest, and Joshua the son of Nun, and the heads of the fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel, divided for an inheritance by lot in Shiloh before the LORD, at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. So they made an end of dividing the country.
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 11th July 2020 Devotional
Walter J. Chantry, editor of Banner of Truth Magazine, in one of his articles said, “Our Good Shepherd has become the model for other shepherds. His great concern is the good of the sheep. A good shepherd gives himself to the sheep. Jesus our Lord made every personal claim subservient to the blessing of His flock; even to giving His life that they might live.”
In our text, we read of the seventh lot for the tribe of Dan. Also of note is the inheritance given to Joshua, the leader of the people according to the word of the Lord for faithfulness in service. He waited until all the tribes were settled; and remained steadfast in faith and unmovable by situations before he got his inheritance. He was concerned for their welfare that he cared less for himself.
As a believer, are you still interested in reaching out to lost souls on the field of evangelism? Do you still care for the field? Remember, the world we live in presently remains the darkest and the most inhospitable territory to the cause of Jesus Christ. A report states that only a small percentage out of those who have been privileged to hear about Jesus in this territory are truly Christians.
The real work for every Christian, like Joshua, is in the field, not in the confines of the local church. Evangelism is the primary assignment of all Christians and there is yet no substitute for it. Any activity or work in the church that makes Christians neglect evangelism is dangerous. The number of missionaries on the field is inadequate.
The number of evangelists in the streets, buses or train stations is reducing even when there are yet more people to be reached for Christ. Remember that soul-winning is a rewardable service and every believer’s business. Thus, we must wake up now and do the work of an evangelist.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Preaching the gospel is the essential prerogative of the redeemed.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Kings 24-25
Thanks for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 11th July 2020 Devotional – Our Rewardable Service by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.