DCLM Daily Manna 2nd June 2020 Devotional – The Day Of Recompense by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE DAY RECOMPENSE
TEXT: Ezekiel 16:35-43
35. Wherefore, O harlot, hear the word of the LORD;
36. Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thy filthiness was poured out, and thy nakedness discovered through thy whoredoms with thy lovers, and with all the idols of thy abominations, and by the blood of thy children, which thou didst give unto them;
37. Behold, therefore I will gather all thy lovers, with whom thou hast taken pleasure, and all them that thou hast loved, with all them that thou hast hated; I will even gather them round about against thee, and will discover thy nakedness unto them, that they may see all thy nakedness.
38. And I will judge thee, as women that break wedlock and shed blood are judged; and I will give thee blood in fury and jealousy.
DCLM Daily Manna 2nd June 2020 Devotional by Pastor Kumuyi
39. And I will also give thee into their hand, and they shall throw down thine eminent place, and shall break down thy high places; they shall strip thee also of thy clothes, and shall take thy fair jewels, and leave thee naked and bare.
40. They shall also bring up a company against thee, and they shall stone thee with stones, and thrust thee through with their swords.
41. And they shall burn thine houses with fire, and execute judgments upon thee in the sight of many women; and I will cause thee to cease from playing the harlot, and thou also shalt give no hire any more.
42. So will I make my fury toward thee to rest, and my jealousy shall depart from thee, and I will be quiet, and will be no more angry.
43. Because thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, but hast fretted me in all these things; behold, therefore I also will recompense thy way upon thine head, saith the Lord GOD; and thou shalt not commit this lewdness above all thine abominations.
KEY VERSE: ”Because thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, but hast fretted me in all these things; behold, therefore I also will recompense thy way upon thine head, saith the Lord GOD: and thou shalt not commit this lewdness above all thine abominations.” – (Ezekiel 16:43)
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 2nd June 2020 Devotional
One of the most remarkable things about God is that He loves with the same fervour with which He judges. He has no preferences or favourites. God is not a respecter of persons, no matter how highly placed or well-favoured. When He sees sin either in a heathen or in a backslidden Christian, He punishes it equally.
Our text was a solemn message delivered by Prophet Ezekiel to Jerusalem. God had taken Jerusalem as a bride (Isaiah 54:5) but she went into adultery with strangers. She gave gifts to her lovers and hired them for whoredom. She used the blood of her children for idolatry and abominations. Therefore, the Lord decided to judge her as women that break wedlock are judged. She received a recompense for her whoredom and abominations with burning fire and God’s fury.
It is indeed a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God who is a consuming fire. He will judge sin wherever it is found; whether in the unbelieving heathens or in the compromising and backslidden believers. In fact, when a believer, espoused to God like Jerusalem, wilfully goes into sin, he incurs greater wrath than those who do not know God. DCLM Daily Manna 2nd June 2020 Devotional
Some people erroneously think that God is slack in bringing punishment on evil doers. He is only long-suffering and patient, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. A day of recompense will come upon the world as it was for Jerusalem.
We do not need to wait until the cup of evil, corruption and sin gets full and the judgment of God becomes unavoidable. It is beneficial if you would avoid God’s impending wrath, repent from sin and totally separate from all ungodly conducts.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God’s recompense will not be pleasant to sinners.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 27-29
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 2nd June 2020 Devotional – The Day Of Recompense by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.