DCLM Daily Manna 24th June 2020 Devotional – Choice To Make by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: CHOICE TO MAKE
KEY VERSE: “And I will cause them to be removed into all kingdoms of the earth, because of Manasseh the son of Hezekiah king of Judah, for that which he did in Jerusalem.” – (Jeremiah 15:4)
TEXT: Jeremiah 15:1-9
1. Then said the LORD unto me, Though Moses and Samuel stood before me, yet my mind could not be toward this people; cast them out of my sight, and let them go forth.
2. And it shall come to pass, if they say unto thee, Whither shall we go forth? then thou shalt tell them, Thus saith the LORD; Such as are for death, to death; and such as are for the sword, to the sword; and such as are for the famine, to the famine; and such as are for the captivity, to the captivity.
3. And I will appoint over them four kinds, saith the LORD; the sword to slay, and the dogs to tear, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the earth, to devour and destroy.
4. And I will cause them to be removed into all kingdoms of the earth, because of Manasseh the son of Hezekiah king of Judah, for that which he did in Jerusalem. DCLM Daily Manna 24th June 2020 Devotional
5. For who shall have pity upon thee, O Jerusalem? or who shall bemoan thee? or who shall go aside to ask how thou doest?
6. Thou hast forsaken me, saith the LORD, thou art gone backward; therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting.
7. And I will fan them with a fan in the gates of the land; I will bereave them of children, I will destroy my people, since they return not from their ways.
8. Their widows are increased to me above the sand of the seas; I have brought upon them against the mother of the young men a spoiler at noonday; I have caused him to fall upon it suddenly, and terrors upon the city.
9. She that hath borne seven languisheth; she hath given up the ghost; her sun is gone down while it was yet day; she hath been ashamed and confounded; and the residue of them will I deliver to the sword before their enemies, saith the LORD.
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 24th June 2020 Devotional
King Hezekiah was righteous but fell into sickness that was to claim his life. He had no child to succeed him on the throne. He prayed to God to take notice of the life he had lived and how perfectly he had walked with Him. His prayer was heard. God healed him and added fifteen years to his lifespan (2 Kings 20:1-8). After Hezekiah died, his son became king.
It was strange that Manasseh turned to be the opposite of his father. He did many things that provoked God and became the most ungodly king to rule over Israel. Thus, He poured His wrath on His people and scattered them all over the earth. He appointed some to death, others to famine, sword and destruction. While Manasseh brought judgment on the land, Joseph was an instrument of deliverance for his people. In life, there are two sets of people: those for whose sake God will show mercy and others for whose sake there will be destruction.
When you look at events and developments around, you may find that there are things that you are responsible for. It can be very terrible to discover that you are the cause of a major disaster in your family or somewhere else. Are you like Manasseh or Joseph? Shall someone be grateful to God for your sake or curse the day of meeting you? How will you feel to know that because of you, God turned His face against your family, church or community? Check your life.
If your life has been more of a problem than a blessing, God is willing to transform you today for Christ’s sake. If you are out of relationship with Him, embrace Him and all will be well. “…I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Are you a blessing or a curse to your generation?
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 11-12
Thanks for reading Today’s DCLM Daily Manna 24th June 2020 Devotional – Choice To Make by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.