DCLM Daily Manna 23rd June 2020 – Portrait Of A Virtuous Woman by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TUESDAY’S TOPIC: PORTRAIT OF A VIRTUOUS WOMAN
KEY VERSE: “Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.” – (Proverbs 14:1)
TEXT: Proverbs 14:1-9
1. Every wise woman buildeth her house; but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
2. He that walketh in his uprightness feareth the LORD; but he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him.
3. In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride; but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.
4. Where no oxen are, the crib is clean; but much increase is by the strength of the ox.
5. A faithful witness will not lie; but a false witness will utter lies.
6. A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not; but knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth.
7. Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge.
8. The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way; but the folly of fools is deceit.
9. Fools make a mock at sin; but among the righteous there is favour.
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 23rd June 2020 Devotional
Women have been negatively portrayed not only as intellectually inferior to men but also as a major source of temptation and evil. In Greek mythology, for example, it was a woman, Pandora, who opened the forbidden box and brought plagues and unhappiness to mankind. Early Roman law described women as children, forever inferior to men. Early Christian theology supported these views.
From our text, however, a true wife makes a man’s life nobler, better, by the power of her love. The miracle happens as she clings to him in holy confidence and loving dependence. The wife inspires her husband with her courage, earnestness and beauty. She smoothens the rough edges in his life with her softness and clothes him with the gentler graces of refined and cultured character. While she yields to him and never disregards his God-ordained headship, she remains his queen.
The job of a mother can be overwhelming, requiring clarity, focus and grace to start anew when we fail. We need patience; we also need to bear in mind that slow-learning children will outgrow their childishness.
The virtuous woman is regarded in Scriptures as one who will be praised, whose price is far above rubies, who is hardworking and prudent; she is a loving mother and one the entire family depends on for proper care and nourishment. In short, she is not merely a housewife; she is the manager of the home. Let us leave our womenfolk where God, in His infinite wisdom, has placed them.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The woman is the flower in the vase.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 9-10
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 23rd June 2020 – Portrait Of A Virtuous Woman by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi