Open Heaven 7th May 2020 Daily Devotional – The Joyful Minority, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE JOYFUL MINORITY
MEMORISE: “And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.” – (John 16:22)
READ: John 16:17-24 (KJV)
17. Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me; and again, a little while, and ye shall see me; and, Because I go to the Father?
18. They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.
19. Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me; and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?
20. Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice; and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
21. A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come; but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
22. And ye now therefore have sorrow; but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name; ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 7th May 2020 Daily Devotional
God is not a democrat. As we have seen in a previous study, He doesn’t really need numbers to work, He just needs a few faithful men.
It may appear that being on the side of God puts you in a minority group like Joshua and Caleb among the twelve spies (Numbers 13) but the truth is, there would always be joy in the end. Numbers 14:30 records that eventually only these two were able to access the promised land.
God wants you to keep in mind that there is an earthly and eternal joy awaiting you if you take a stand for Him. No doubt, you may suffer many persecutions from the sinning majority, but through it all, you must resist the urge to join them because their judgments are not always correct on matters of godliness.
“Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.” – Matthew 5:11-12
Open Heaven 7th May 2020 Daily Devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
In the text above and the Bible reading of today, Jesus assures His disciples of an eternal joy after their earthly trials. Paul and Barnabas also said something similar to the people of Lystra, Iconium and Antioch in Acts 14:22 . Jesus wants you to maintain your decision to bear His cross and follow Him as a member of the faithful minority in the world. In John 16:20 , He says whatever sorrow you face shall be turned into joy.
Believe the Lord and you shall be established (2 Chronicles 20:20). Ensure you are always on His side. Never think of joining the world because you cannot beat them at their game. Remember the parable of the ten virgins! Stay on the side of God. A divine minority is the actual majority.
PRAYER POINT: Father, by Your grace, let me remain with the divine minority. Please, do not let me miss my moments of joy on earth and in eternity in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalms 25, 29, 33, 36, 39
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 7th May 2020 Daily Devotional – The Joyful Minority, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.