DCLM Daily Manna 30th May 2020 Devotional – Value Your Vow by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: VALUE YOUR VOW
KEY VERSE: “I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.” – (Psalm 116:14)
TEXT: Psalm 116:10-19
10. I believed, therefore have I spoken; I was greatly afflicted;
11. I said in my haste, All men are liars.
12. What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
13. I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
14. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.
15. Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
16. O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid; thou hast loosed my bonds.
17. I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
18. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people,
19. In the courts of the LORD’S house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 30th May 2020 Devotional
Vow making is an agelong practice. Sometimes, it is done in appreciation of the benevolence of the benefactor to the beneficiary. At other times, it is seen as an obligatory demand from the sovereign to the subjects. When done out of willing, appreciative and sacrificial heart, it attracts commendation and high value. But when done out of compulsion, it loses its very essence and value.
The psalmist had had bitter encounter and was greatly afflicted. He concluded that all men are untruthful. In his distress, he was able to recall the goodness of God in his life; the salvation of the Lord and the ability to pray. He remembered that he had made some vows in appreciation of God’s benevolence which he had not redeemed. He quickly recovered himself and would rather offer sacrifice of thanksgiving and prayers unto the Lord and determined to pay his vows.
When we receive salvation which is purchased by the blood of Jesus Christ, we are required to render all our being and resources for His use. God does not mandate anyone to make a vow; it must come from a willing heart. But He frowns at unredeemed vows. We must not vow to impress people. It amounts to deceit for a man to vow what he cannot realistically afford. DCLM Daily Manna 30th May 2020 Devotional
Most significantly, none is exempted from making vows. Besides money, we can still offer ourselves; that is, our services. God owns us and all that we have. When we vow, it is mandatory to redeem such. Many have delayed their blessings by delaying to redeem their vows. God wants us to value our vows and redeem them, thereby showing our appreciation for His benevolence.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: When you make a vow, value the vow and redeem it!
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 21-22
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 30th May 2020 Devotional – Value Your Vow by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.