DCLM Daily Manna 29th May 2020 Devotional – Faithfulness Rewarded by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: FAITHFULNESS REWARDED
KEY VERSE: “And Salmon begat Boaz, and Boaz begat Obed, And Obed begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David.” – (Ruth 4:21,22)
TEXT: Ruth 4:13-22
13. So Boaz took Ruth, and she was his wife; and when he went in unto her, the LORD gave her conception, and she bare a son.
14. And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the LORD, which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel.
15. And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age; for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him.
16. And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom, and became nurse unto it.
17. And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed; he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.
18. Now these are the generations of Pharez; Pharez begat Hezron,
19. And Hezron begat Ram, and Ram begat Amminadab,
20. And Amminadab begat Nahshon, and Nahshon begat Salmon,
21. And Salmon begat Boaz, and Boaz begat Obed,
22. And Obed begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David.
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 29th May 2020 Devotional
When faithfulness is most difficult, it is most necessary, goes an old saying. Naomi sought greener pastures in the land of Moab. She had gone there to sojourn with her husband and two sons because of the famine in Judah. She lost her husband and sons in the foreign land. One of her daughters-in-law, Orpah would rather go back to her native people than stay to wait on old Naomi the rest of her life.
Ruth, the other daughter-in-law though widowed and childless, had more concern for the loneliness and misery of her mother-in-law than for herself. Dreary as the future appeared, she decided to remain with Naomi to provide her a companionship she needed. She abandoned all and followed her to Bethlehem-Judah. This she did, not knowing the more honourable purpose God would accomplish in her life.
Ruth’s faithfulness paid off when she got married to Boaz, relation of her late husband, together with whom she provided a pious and enviable ancestral lineage for King David and Christ. What a great reward and honour!
Following the Lord wholly in this sinful world may appear difficult and cheerless. Leaving our homes and comfort zones to preach the gospel in other land may not be inviting, but if we faithfully walk with the Lord, we shall joyfully discover that we have not laboured in vain. “For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister” (Hebrews 6:10).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: A good action of faith is often followed by a good reward.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 19-20
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 29th May 2020 Devotional – Faithfulness Rewarded, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.