DCLM Daily Manna 26th May 2020 Devotional – Be Enlisted by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC:BE ENLISTED
TEXT: Nehemiah 3:1-5
1. Then Eliashib the high priest rose up with his brethren the priests, and they builded the sheep gate; they sanctified it, and set up the doors of it; even unto the tower of Meah they sanctified it, unto the tower of Hananeel.
2. And next unto him builded the men of Jericho. And next to them builded Zaccur the son of Imri.
3. But the fish gate did the sons of Hassenaah build, who also laid the beams thereof, and set up the doors thereof, the locks thereof, and the bars thereof.
4. And next unto them repaired Meremoth the son of Urijah, the son of Koz. And next unto them repaired Meshullam the son of Berechiah, the son of Meshezabeel. And next unto them repaired Zadok the son of Baana.
5. And next unto them the Tekoites repaired; but their nobles put not their necks to the work of their Lord.
KEY VERSE: “And next unto them the Tekoites repaired; but their nobles put not their necks to the work of their Lord.” – (Nehemiah 3:5)
MESSAGE: DCLM Daily Manna 26th May 2020 Devotional
The story was told of a fund raising session in a Pentecostal church where everyone was motivated to make contribution for the building of a church auditorium. The senior pastor challenged members to give willingly, generously and cheerfully. The pastors, peasants, poor and concerned members responded and gave their best. But a cross-section of the wealthy and nobles in that church were cold and could not give their best for reasons best known to them. They ignorantly forgot that God positioned them there to use them and their possessions.
The passage today is a memorial of those who served God in their own generation and nobles who neglected their God-given duty. Eliashib the high priest, with his brethren the priests, led the van in the troop of the builders. Many people were active in the work of building and repairs, even those who were not inhabitants of Jerusalem.
Some people, according to their abilities, put in their best to get the work done. But the nobles of Tekoa, like those in the illustration above, would not come under the yoke of discharging their service to God. DCLM Daily Manna 26th May 2020 Devotional
The high priest contributed much to the work of the Lord in the days of Nehemiah. This exemplary attitude shows that spiritual leaders must not only lead by word, but also by action. Similarly, every member is expected to participate actively in God’s work in order to actualise His purpose for the church.
Don’t be left out in the service of God; your contribution, no matter how small is needed. Find a place to serve God and start contributing your time, talent and treasures. No doubt, in every group of people, there will be those who appear smart, passive and too important to contribute their quota. Sometimes, the best approach is to ignore them and do your own part. Render your service to God today and let Him count on you.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: You will only be remembered by what you have done.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 14
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 26th May 2020 Devotional – Be Enlisted by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.