Open Heaven 29th March 2020 Daily Devotional – Workers In The Lord’s Vineyard, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: WORKERS IN THE LORD’S VINEYARD
MEMORISE: “Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.” – (Acts 6:3)
READ: Acts 6:1-7 (KJV)
1. And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
2. Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
3. Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
4. But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
5. And the saying pleased the whole multitude; and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch;
6. Whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.
7. And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 29th March 2020 Daily Devotional
Before any organisation recruits employees, the criteria for qualification would have been determined. Similarly, there are qualifications God expects all workers in His Vineyard to meet up with. In Acts 6:1-3, when the first set of Church workers were to be selected, it was mandatory that they had an honest report and be filled with the Holy Ghost. This is how the work of God can grow. After Spirit-filled workers had been chosen in Acts 6, verse 7 says:
“And the word of God increased and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.”
It is wonderful to work for God but God is not seeking just anyone to work for Him, He is seeking spirit-filled workers. It is pathetic when someone comes to Church for the first time, willing to surrender to Christ and then he sights his girlfriend or someone who asked him for a bribe in the course of the week amongst the workers. He then says to himself “If these are the kind of people serving God, then I am not interested.”
- Open Heaven 29th March 2020 Daily Devotional by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
How will the word of God increase when even the workers are not living by it?
Every worker in the Ushering, Media, Choir, Sanitation, Prayer team, Follow-up, Protocol, Evangelism, Traffic control, and all other departments must be Spirit filled. Deuteronomy 34:9 says Joshua was filled with the Spirit of wisdom. He was the Personal Assistant to Moses. Everyone assisting a Pastor to do the work of God must be filled with the Holy Spirit, otherwise they will get him/her in trouble.
In (2 Kings 5:20-27), but for the intervention of the Holy Spirit, Gehazi, the Personal Assistant of Elisha could have put him in trouble. There are Church workers who collect money on behalf of their Pastors without informing them. It is dangerous to be unfaithful in your service to God. Just ask Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, as recorded in Leviticus 10:1-3.
KEY POINT: God is seeking spirit-filled workers, do you qualify?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 1-2
Thanks for studying Open Heaven 29th March 2020 Daily Devotional – Workers In The Lord’s Vineyard, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Kindly share this with others.