DCLM Daily Manna 9 March 2020 Devotional – The Real Deal, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: THE REAL DEAL
TEXT: Psalm 19:7-14
7. The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever; the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11. Moreover by them is thy servant warned; and in keeping of them there is great reward.
12. Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me; then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
KEY VERSE: “More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.” – (Psalm 19:10)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 9 March 2020 Devotional:
Over the centuries and ages, nations and communities have gone to war for spoils in the form of gold, silver and for territories bearing rich mineral resources and promising vast untapped wealth. Africa was violently balkanised between 19th and 20th centuries because of her enormous potential riches. Till today, there is still more strife on the continent as a result of the quest for the control of riches.
But the word of God insists that mankind could save itself needless heartache, loss and stress if it follows the counsel of its Creator. “The statutes of the LORD are right… More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. DCLM Daily Manna 9 March 2020 Devotional
Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in the keeping of them there is great reward” (verses 8,10,11). Not only is the way prescribed in the Bible better; when we keep to it, there will not be payback of regrets as man has witnessed in struggles over wealth.
There is a double portion of blessing packed into adhering to God’s precept. While it offers far more than what this world gives, it also warns about what the Lord requires to enable one make heaven. Now, knowledge of that is certainly a precious possession, weightier and nobler than all the wealth of this world.
Man has incurred much loss through the centuries for placing earthly earnings above God’s laws. But the real and perfect deal is the word of God, which suffices for peace and contentment here on earth and for eternity with Christ Jesus in heaven.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Aim for heaven’s golden streets, not ephemeral earthly earnings.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 8-10
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 9 March 2020 Devotional – The Real Deal, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.