DCLM Daily Manna 1st April 2020 Devotional – Our Covenant-Keeping God, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: OUR COVENANT-KEEPING GOD
TEXT: Psalm 111:1-10
1. Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.
2. The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.
3. His work is honourable and glorious; and his righteousness endureth for ever.
4. He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered; the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.
5. He hath given meat unto them that fear him; he will ever be mindful of his covenant.
6. He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen.
7. The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.
8. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.
9. He sent redemption unto his people; he hath commanded his covenant for ever; holy and reverend is his name.
10. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all they that do his commandments; his praise endureth for ever.
KEY VERSE: “He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant.” – (Psalm 111:5)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 1st April 2020 Devotional:
A covenant is an agreement that exists between two individuals or groups of people for the benefit of both. Each party has a role to play in keeping the terms of the covenant faithfully. For instance, within the family circle, if a child fails to show up for dinner, the parent’s obligation is to find out where he or she is, and make sure s/he is safe. This is the unconditional commitment to love and serve in a parental covenant.
The passage examines the wonder working power of our great God. The psalmist thought of this and declared, “I will praise the LORD with my whole heart.” Then he goes ahead to recognise God’s works as great, honourable and glorious. He says that the Lord is gracious and full of compassion.
He provides for those who fear Him as part of His covenant-keeping attribute. David reiterates that the works of God are verity; His commandments stand forever. God’s name is holy and to be revered and His fear is the beginning of wisdom. DCLM Daily Manna 1st April 2020 Devotional
Believers can understand and have pleasure in the honourable and glorious works of our covenant-keeping God who provides, protects, preserves and adequately plans for the wellbeing of His children. He is ever mindful of His covenant.
To enjoy the innumerable blessings He offers, we have to keep our part of the covenant. We must remain faithful to the Lord by abstaining from all forms of sin. Daily our hearts must be right with Him. Sinners must repent and backsliders restored to renewed relationship with God. Then, like the psalmist, we must continually appreciate the things that God is doing in our lives, and those things which He is yet to do.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God’s faithfulness should challenge the believer to be faithful to his Maker.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 6-7
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 1st April 2020 Devotional – Our Covenant-Keeping God. Please share this with other people.