Open Heaven 24th February 2020 – Be Persistent, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: BE PERSISTENT
MEMORISE: “And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;” – (Luke 18:1)
READ: Luke 18:1-8 (KJV)
1. And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
2. Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man;
3. And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.
4. And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;
5. Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.
6. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8. I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
MESSAGE – Open Heaven 24th February 2020:
Persistence is a major mark that sets great achievers apart. While most people give up on their dreams along the way, the persistent keeps going until all goals are accomplished. Jesus Himself said the persistent always get what they want (Luke 18:1-9). It is not enough to pray; do so until something happens.
When others get breakthroughs, before you feel frustrated or jealous, why not take time to know how long they have been trying before they became successful?
During one of the Holy Ghost Services at the Redemption Camp, I waved my hands as I stood on the alter. As I did, miracles started to happen. It is possible for some Pastors who saw that happen to wonder “Why can’t I also wave and have miracles happen? I serve the same God as this man, I also pray and fast regularly” but they may not know that before that day, I had been praying for that manifestation for about fifteen years – that miracles should happen just at the wave of my hands. John 16:24 says ask, that your joy may be full. I prayed for fifteen years. That is persistence. Open Heaven 24th February 2020 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Don’t get tired of hitting that hard spot with your drops of water. You may just be at the edge of your breakthrough. Sometimes, it may appear that nothing is happening yet despite the promises of God. The truth however, is that a lot is actually happening on the inside and soon it will manifest in the open. God’s method is:
“For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little:” – Isaiah 28:10
God nurtures little things to greatness through a process. Don’t despise your days of little beginnings (Zechariah 4:10); greatness is coming if you persist – in prayers, hard work, sowing seeds, working on your marriage, and in attaining that great height. As long as you are sure you are working in God’s will, persist. You will succeed because determined and focused people always get what they want.
Don’t give up, your breakthrough is around the corner.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading today’s Message Be Persistent – Open Heaven 24th February 2020, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.