DCLM Daily Manna 21 February 2020 – He Still Answers Prayer, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
TODAY’S TOPIC: HE STILL ANSWERS PRAYER
TEXT: Genesis 24:33-49
33. And there was set meat before him to eat; but he said, I will not eat, until I have told mine errand. And he said, Speak on.
34. And he said, I am Abraham’s servant.
35. And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great; and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.
36. And Sarah my master’s wife bare a son to my master when she was old; and unto him hath he given all that he hath.
37. And my master made me swear, saying, Thou shalt not take a wife to my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, in whose land I dwell;
38. But thou shalt go unto my father’s house, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son.
39. And I said unto my master, Peradventure the woman will not follow me.
40. And he said unto me, The LORD, before whom I walk, will send his angel with thee, and prosper thy way; and thou shalt take a wife for my son of my kindred, and of my father’s house;
41. Then shalt thou be clear from this my oath, when thou comest to my kindred; and if they give not thee one, thou shalt be clear from my oath.
42. And I came this day unto the well, and said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, if now thou do prosper my way which I go;
43. Behold, I stand by the well of water; and it shall come to pass, that when the virgin cometh forth to draw water, and I say to her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water of thy pitcher to drink;
44. And she say to me, Both drink thou, and I will also draw for thy camels; let the same be the woman whom the LORD hath appointed out for my master’s son.
45. And before I had done speaking in mine heart, behold, Rebekah came forth with her pitcher on her shoulder; and she went down unto the well, and drew water; and I said unto her, Let me drink, I pray thee.
46. And she made haste, and let down her pitcher from her shoulder, and said, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also; so I drank, and she made the camels drink also.
47. And I asked her, and said, Whose daughter art thou? And she said, The daughter of Bethuel, Nahor’s son, whom Milcah bare unto him; and I put the earring upon her face, and the bracelets upon her hands.
48. And I bowed down my head, and worshipped the LORD, and blessed the LORD God of my master Abraham, which had led me in the right way to take my master’s brother’s daughter unto his son.
49. And now if ye will deal kindly and truly with my master, tell me; and if not, tell me; that I may turn to the right hand, or to the left.
KEY VERSE: “And before I had done speaking in mine heart, behold, Rebekah came forth with her pitcher on her shoulder; and she went down unto the well, and drew water: and I said unto her, Let me drink, I pray thee.” – (Genesis 24:45)
MESSAGE – DCLM Daily Manna 21 February 2020:
Today’s text reveals one of the most striking proofs of the faithfulness of God concerning what He says: “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear” (Isaiah 65:2). It speaks truly about God’s awesomeness, omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence!
Finite man does not have the language to fully describe the greatness of this great God but we do possess the sensibilities to stand in awe of the Creator who orders our journey when we place it in His hands! The point is God answers our prayers to shore-up our faith in Him and make nonsense the cynicism of the heathen.
Such was the amazement of Abraham’s servant at the prompt answer to his prayer. “And the man (Abraham’s servant) wondering at her (Rebekah) held his peace, to wit whether the LORD had made his journey prosperous or not. “Full of gratitude, he “bowed down his head and worshipped the LORD” (verse 26). His request was dramatically granted by God (Genesis 24:14-27).
The Bible is replete with accounts of God’s marvelous work through the prayers that were presented to Him in absolute faith. He is no respecter of persons; as He granted the request of Abraham and Eliezer, the loyal servant, He will grant ours too. But we must ensure that we ask in faith and in line with His will.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
As God was faithful in the Bible times, so He will be forever.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 21 February 2020 – He Still Answers Prayer, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with others.