DCLM Daily Manna 30 January 2020 – Seeing Blindly And Hearing Deafly by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
Today’s Topic: Seeing Blindly And Hearing Deafly
TEXT: Isaiah 6:9-13
9. And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
11. Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
12. And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.
13. But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten; as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves; so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.
KEY VERSE: DCLM Daily Manna 30 January 2020
“And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not” – (Isaiah 6:9)
The late Martin Luther King Jr. observed that, “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” This thought comes to mind as we watch the mad throng of people striving to outspace one another in their open rebellion against God. Among them are very educated, highly placed people and even religious folks who one would have thought would perceive the absurdities in all these.
This situation is like the experience of the Jews in Prophet Isaiah’s day. They were in a state of backsliding, having shun divine entreaties and warning from the prophets. Rather than profit them, Isaiah’s fresh prophecies only helped to harden them the more – they had primed their eyes, ears and heart to discountenance God and His word.
Today, we face a similar situation. The world is fast drifting into spiritual and moral darkness that, a few decades ago, would have been considered unimaginable. It is amazing to see that in spite of the progress the world has made in every other field of human endeavor, more and more people are settling for a life of wilful ignorance when it comes to godliness. DCLM Daily Manna 30 January 2020 Devotional
Their conscience is truly seared with a hot iron. That is why they do not see the absurdity of indulging in and even promoting abominable perversions and culture of death. It is even more disheartening to see religious professors blatantly contradicting God’s word in a bit to please the world.
It is a major and dangerous handicap to hear God’s word and not understand, and see the signs of the endtime and not perceive. It is your responsibility to ensure that you develop and maintain a right relationship with God. By all means, avoid hardening your heart against God’s word.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is dangerous to give up godliness; it is damning to be given up by God.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 4-5
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 30 January 2020 – Seeing Blindly And Hearing Deafly by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share with others.