Open Heaven 12 December 2019 – Real Glory, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: REAL GLORY
“For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” – (Romans 8:18)
READ: Deuteronomy 28:1-13 (KJV)
1. And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth;
2. And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
3. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4. Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5. Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6. Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7. The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face; they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
8. The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
9. The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.
10. And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee. Open Heaven 12 December 2019
11. And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
12. The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand; and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
13. And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them;
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 12 December 2019
To understand what real glory looks like, let us consider these two passage of scripture:
“And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shall worship the Lord thy God, and him only shall thou serve.” – Luke 4:5-8
“Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” – Philippians 2:9-11
Open Heaven 12 December 2019 – Real Glory
In Luke 4:5-8, we see the devil offering Jesus all the power and glory of the earth, If only He worshipped him. Jesus promptly rejected his offer. Down the line Philippians 2:9-11 records God giving Him power all over everything in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth. After rejecting the glory offered by the devil. Jesus finally received greater glory from God.
In like manner, the devil brings this same type of temptation to us every day. For example, he could suggest to you, “Why don’t you just doctor the financial record in your place of work, so that you can have enough money to buy the latest car?” If you yield to his suggestion, you are actually bowing to him in order to get a fading glory, but if you refuse and decide to remain holy, God will in turn to give you wealth on earth and in heaven. A Yoruba proverb says,
“A child who has not seen a bigger farm will say his father’s farm is the biggest in the world.” The devil’s ‘goodies’ only look good because you have not seen what God has in store. It may be tough to remain steadfast in Christ, but there is great glory awaiting you if you overcome till the end (Romans 8:18). Jesus had His eyes set on his glory, and so He endured the cross and despised its shame (Hebrews 12:2). It is foolish to bow to sin. Although that sin may look very attractive and even seem like the smartest thing to do, don’t be deceived; there is a greater glory awaiting you if you say “no” to sin.
KEY POINT: All the glitters is not gold.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 111-118, Haggai 1
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 12 December 2019 – Real Glory, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Pleased share.