DCLM Daily Manna 21 December 2019 Devotional By Pastor W.F Kumuyi – Not Hidden From Him
TOPIC: Not Hidden From Him
TEXT: Proverbs 20:16-30
16. Take his garment that is surety for a stranger; and take a pledge of him for a strange woman.
17. Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel.
18. Every purpose is established by counsel; and with good advice make war.
19. He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets; therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.
20. Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness.
21. An inheritance may be gotten hastily at the beginning; but the end thereof shall not be blessed.
22. Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.
23. Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.
24. Man’s goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?
25. It is a snare to the man who devoureth that which is holy, and after vows to make enquiry.
26. A wise king scattereth the wicked, and bringeth the wheel over them.
27. The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
28. Mercy and truth preserve the king; and his throne is upholden by mercy.
29. The glory of young men is their strength; and the beauty of old men is the gray head.
30. The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil; so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.
“The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly” – (Proverbs 20:27).
DCLM Daily Manna 21 December 2019 – Not Hidden From Him
Adam and Eve had gone astray by disobeying God in eating the fruit He had given them express instruction not to eat. They thought they could hide from Him. But then, He found them and asked a pertinent, soul-searching question: “Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?” (Genesis 3:11).
The reason many people find it difficult and almost impossible to repent is because they think that God does not and cannot see everything that is done under the sun. Thinking His knowledge is limited, “they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?” (Psalm 73:11). They continue in their sinful activities “Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil” (Ecclesiastes 8:11). They take undue advantage of God’s mercy and longsuffering.
The Lord has given man His word and the Spirit of God in man is the centre of conscience and discernment. It provides an outlet for God’s light to let in spiritual understanding and wisdom and to direct our inner life. Yet they say, “The LORD shall not see, neither shall the God of Jacob regard it” (Psalm 94:7).
As we draw nearer to God, we must appreciate the fact that left alone, we would perish. Our daily prayer should be “O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger…” (Jeremiah 10:23,24).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
It is vain to rely on any other than God.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Zechariah 10-14
PREVIOUS: The Well of Compassion
DCLM Daily Manna 21 December 2019 Devotional was written by Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi; is the founder and General Superintendent of the Deeper Life Bible Church situated at KM 42 on the busy Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria.