Open Heaven 13 November 2019 – You Must Take A Stand For God, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: You Must Take A Stand For God
MEMORISE: “But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.” – (1 Peter 4:7)
READ: 1 Peter 4:1-10 (KJV)
1. Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind; for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2. That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
3. For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries;
4. Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you;
5. Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
6. For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
7. But the end of all things is at hand; be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
8. And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves; for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
9. Use hospitality one to another without grudging.
10. As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 13 November 2019
Contrasting the world of godliness with that of ungodliness, the Holy Spirit sent us this command, saying in (2 Corinthians 6:17-18):
“Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.”
Because our God is a jealous God, He has always desired those who are called to be His special people to stand out as distinct from the ungodly. Enoch is a perfect example in this regard – God completely took him away to be with Him (Genesis 5:24). God also commanded Abraham to get out of his father’s house and country for an exclusive encounter with Him (Genesis 12:1-3).
Beloved, God has not changed His standard of separation for consecration today. More than ever before, He wants us to take a stand for Him in these perilous times, especially as the devil is on rampage to gather as many people as possible to be with him in hell. Speaking on his rage and the urgency of his mission, Revelation 12:12 says:
“Therefore rejoice, ye heaven, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhibiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.”
If the devil has a short time when this verse was written, how much more now! We therefore need to be on our guard against his fury and wiles.
God is encouraging you today to make up your mind not to compromise your Christian faith on any issue at all. One area of compromise is participating in the excesses of the children of this world: excesses of parties, clothing, jewellery, leisure and so on. Due to extravagant living, a lot of Christians have gone into debt in their bid to compete with treasury looters. Open Heaven 13 November 2019 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Some Christians with access to the treasury have even joined the world in looting. What a shame! We must be on our watch so as not to be overtaken by the subtle advances of the devil, which can shipwreck our faith. This is the why the Holy Spirit warns us in our memory verse to watch in the place of prayer.
Beloved, are you really watching in prayer? You can only take a stand for God when your ears are open to what He is saying to you in the place of prayer concerning issues of your daily life. Our Lord told the disciples to watch and pray so that they might not enter into temptation, but instead of doing this, they fell asleep (Matthew 26:41).
No wonder they could not take a stand for Him in His hour of tribulation (Matthew 26:55-75). Are you watching in the place of prayer today?
PRAYER POINT: Father, please help me to always take a stand for You in this perverse generation.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 13-16, Joel 3
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 13 November 2019 – You Must Take A Stand For God, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share with others.