Open Heaven 14 September 2019 – Death Is Not The End, Written Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TODAY’S TOPIC: DEATH IS NOT THE END!
MEMORISE: “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:” – (Job 19:25)
READ: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (KJV)
13. But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first;
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
MESSAGE: Open Heaven 14 September 2019 Devotional
Those who consider suicide as a viable option for handling the hardship of life do not realize that death is not the end of life. In order words, there is life after death. Job was a man who held on to this truth, even though he faced unprecedented calamities in his life. He said in Job 19:26:
“And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.”
There are two benefit to knowing and accepting that death is not the end of everything in life. One of these is that a person is compelled to behave wisely, knowing that he or she will face God’s Judgment after death. Hebrews 9:27 says:
“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
Also, when we realise that death is not the end of everything, it gives us hope of a better life beyond this world. This hope kept Job going in spite of the tragedies that befell him (Job 19:25-27).
- Today: Open Heaven 14 September 2019 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
I am happy to announce to you that not only is there life after death, there is also a coming event called the resurrection of the dead. The remarkable thing about the resurrection of the dead is that not only shall the just resurrect, the unjust shall also be resurrected to receive the rewards of their deeds in this world. Jesus said in Revelation 22:12:
“And behold I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.”
Armed with this knowledge, if I were you, I would engage in good works that would earn me great rewards when Jesus returns.
Are you going through any form of affliction at the moment? You need to know that it will not last through eternity. Indeed, it has its own expiry date. So, don’t give up; just keep pressing forward toward the finishing line. Our Lord is coming soon to wipe away all your tears. Are you contemplating suicide as a means of escaping your crisis? Please don’t think of it anymore, because death is not the end of everything. All you need to do is to reflect on the manner of life you have lived hitherto, and this will help you identify those thing that are responsible for your present predicament.
Once you ascertain those things, lay them all at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ. Don’t ever believe that suicide is an escape route from crisis. Eternal crisis is awaiting everyone who refuses the salvation that Christ’s atoning work has earned for mankind. Have you received this precious gift? Accept Jesus into your life today and let His atoning blood wash away your past into the sea of forgetfulness. Receive the peace of God into your life today in Jesus’ Name.
PRAYER POINT: OPEN HEAVEN 14 SEPTEMBER 2019
Father, remove every dark cloud of despair hanging over my life in Jesus’ Name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 18-19, Daniel 2:36-49
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 14 September 2019 – Death Is Not The End, Written Pastor E. A. Adeboye, Please share with someone!