Open Heaven 3 August 2019 – Doubts Steals Miracles, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
TOPIC: Doubt Steals Miracles
MEMORISE: “But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driving with the wind and tossed.” – (James 1:6).
READ: Matthew 14:25-32 (KJV)
25. And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
26. And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
27. But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
28. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
29. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
30. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
31. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
32. And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
Open Heaven 3 August 2019 – MESSAGE:
Since the Bible declares that man was created in God’s image, to any objective person, a look at man’s creative works should reflect how creative God is (Genesis 1:26). Just as there can be no house without a builder or car without a manufactured, so also it is impossible to have a universe so organized without a creator. God is indeed the Creator of all things in heaven and on earth.
Colossians 1:16 says: “For by Him were all thing created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all thing were created by Him, and for Him.”
A consideration of the intelligent design or everything in creation should convince anyone that the Creator of it all must be a great and mighty God. No wonder Psalm 19:1 says:
“The heaven declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handiwork.”
Indeed, the signature of the Almighty God is seen in the firmament and everywhere throughout creation. From the perfectly organized, precision-driven cosmos to the wonders of the human body. The spectacles of God creative power are on display in various plants, insects, animals, mountains, rock formations, waterfalls and beautiful landscapes all over the world. All of these are meant to leave us without any iota of doubt that there is nothing impossible with the Almighty God, who is all-knowing and all-powerful.
Today: Open Heaven 3 August 2019 by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Speaking on this, the Holy Spirit says in Roman 1:20: “For the invisible thing of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the thing that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”
Having revealed himself throughout the observable universe in diverse ways, those who still doubt God’s existence or His ability to do all thing only rob themselves of partaking in His miraculous works. They are like the government official in (2 Kings 7:2) who doubted the word of God declared by Elisha. Although his eyes saw the fulfillment of God’s word, he did not live to partake of it. Similarly, the Israelites who doubted God in Numbers 13:26-33 also denied themselves in the pleasure of entering the promised land, as they all perished in the wilderness. That is what doubt does in the life of a person. I encourage you therefore not to doubt God. Your doubt will not diminish Him in any way; it will only rob you of His purpose and provision for your life. May the Lord completely destroy the root of doubt in your life and family today in Jesus’ Name.
KEY POINT: Doubt is an arrow of the devil designed to steal God’s purpose and provisions for your life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 19, Ezekiel 27:26-28:10
Thanks for reading Open Heaven 3 August 2019 – Doubts Steals Miracles, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share with others.