Open Heaven 14 January 2019 Monday – You Are Not Alone written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye.
TOPIC: You Are Not Alone
MEMORISE (Open Heaven 14 January 2019 Monday):
“Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have command you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” – (Matthew 28:20)
READ: John 16:5-13 (KJV)
5. But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
6. But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9. Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10. Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11. Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
MESSAGE (Open Heaven 14 January 2019):
One comforting assurance we have from our Lord Jesus Christ is that we are not alone. The devil wants you to feel you are alone and abandoned, but it is a lie. In today’s Bible reading, we are reassured that even though the Master has gone away to be with His Father, He did not leave us without a Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit. The work of the Holy Spirit includes reproof concerning sin, encouragement into a life of righteousness and giving sound judgement in difficult situations. He is to guide us into all truth, which includes the truth that we are not alone, neither can we be deserted or abandoned. The Holy Spirit glorifies Jesus Christ in our lives by doing what only Christ can do in and through us. There are things that Jesus Christ commanded us to do that are impossible to execute except we are divinely aided, such as the command in Matthew 5:11-12 to rejoice when we are persecuted. The Holy Spirit helps us with this and much more. Open Heaven 14 January 2019 Monday – You Are Not Alone
Sometimes, you may experience some situations which the devil may capitalise on to malign our loving Master as having abandoned you, but it is not true. I have also experienced this. Many years ago, the devil came to tell me that I was abandoned and not appreciated, but God proved him wrong when a little girl came from several kilometres away to give me a cake as appreciation for what God was doing in my life. After receiving that cake, I forgot all the feeling of abandonment. Another time, I was travelling somewhere and the aircraft got into very turbulent weather.
There was so much commotion in the plane, to the extent that many people abandoned their complimentary meals for fear of a possible crash. In the meantime, my Daddy spoke with me, telling me to keep my calm because He was in the plane and it was impossible for a plane He was travelling in to crash. Immediately I heard this, I relaxed and settled down with my meal. When I was done, I asked the rich man who was seated beside me if he would not mind me having his meal. he obliged, all the while looking at me strangely and wondering If I had heard and understood the announcement made by the pilot of a possible emergency landing! He passed his tray to me and I settled down again to enjoy the meal. I had hardly finished when the announcer came back on air to tell us that the turbulence was over. Glory be to God!
Open Heaven 14 January 2019 Monday – KEY POINT:
Stay with Christ so that He can stay with you. He will not abandon you unless you turn your back on Him.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Matthew 27-28, Isaiah 11:6-12:6
Hymn 9 – In Christ alone
1. In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song,
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.
2. In Christ alone! Who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on the cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.
3. There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
4. No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me homen
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.
Thanks for reading today’s Open Heaven 14 January 2019 Monday – You Are Not Alone written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye
- BBNaija News Update5 days ago
Breaking: Big Brother Naija 2019 edition (Season 4) to hold in Nigeria
- Trend & Style6 days ago
Viral photos of man with dozens of women surface online
- BBNaija News Update6 days ago
BBNaija Update: Cee-c’s hottest photos of 2019
- Celebrity News And Gossips6 days ago
Read what BBNaija Alex says about Nigerian comedian, AY
- Trend & Style3 days ago
Photo: Man who tweeted final goodbye to his family during terrorist attack in Kenya among 174 people rescued