Connect with us

Football News

Real Madrid reacts after being dragged into Ronaldo’s rape case

Published

on

Real Madrid reacts after being dragged into Ronaldo’s rape case

FOOTBALL: Spanish giant, Real Madrid are planning to take legal action against a Portuguese newspaper that reported the club forced Cristiano Ronaldo to settle with the woman who accused him of rape.

In a statement, the club said the information published by Correio da Manhã is “categorically false” and was printed in an effort to “seriously damage the image of this club”.

Real said they have “absolutely no knowledge of any of the information that the newspaper published with regard to the player Cristiano Ronaldo, and therefore the club was unable to take action on a matter of which it had no knowledge.”

The club are expected to take legal action against a Portuguese newspaper that suggested the club pressurised Cristiano Ronaldo into seeking a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) with his accuser.

This comes a day after Correio da Manhã published an article saying that part of Ronaldo’s defence will be to say that Real forced him to settle. It said Ronaldo was against settling and always declared his innocence.

According to the newspaper, they said what they published and everything that went into the article was checked.

Kathryn Mayorga, 34, filed a lawsuit late last month in Nevada saying she was raped by Ronaldo in Las Vegas in 2009. The teacher who was an aspiring model at the time of the alleged assault, claims Ronaldo raped her in a bathroom at the Palms Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas in the early hours of June 13, 2009.

But Cristiano Ronaldo has repeatedly denied the accusations but admitted that they had consensual sex after which ‘they returned to Rain nightclub and spent several hours together.’

He also admitted that he paid Mayorga $375,000 (£284,000) hush-money payment in 2010, after she signed a non-disclosure agreement to keep quiet about their hook up.

Real Madrid reacts after being dragged into Ronaldo’s rape case

(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)

Football News

Football News: Mourinho calls Pogba “a virus” in front of Manchester United squad

Published

on

By

Mourinho calls Pogba “a virus” in front of Manchester United squad

Mourinho calls Pogba “a virus” in front of Manchester United squad

Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho, called Paul Pogba “a virus” in front of the entire squad, following their 2-2 draw at Southampton on Saturday. Pogba put in an average performance, as United rescued a point at St Mary’s, having been 2-0 down inside the opening 20 minutes.

And it was the World Cup winner who seemed to bear the brunt of Mourinho’s anger after the full time whistle, according to the Daily Record. He is believed to have told him: “You don’t play. You don’t respect players and supporters. And you kill the mentality of the good honest people around you.”

Pogba was restored to United’s starting XI amid an injury crisis, having been dropped for the Champions League win over Young Boys in midweek

Mourinho calls Pogba “a virus” in front of Manchester United squad

(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Football News

Dangote, Rabiu Dish Out Millions Of Naira To Super Falcons For Winning The African Women Nations Cup Trophy

Published

on

By

Dangote, Rabiu Dish Out Millions Of Naira To Super Falcons For Winning The African Women Nations Cup Trophy

Dangote, Rabiu Dish Out Millions Of Naira To Super Falcons For Winning The African Women Nations Cup Trophy

It has been reported that Nigerian billionaires, Aliko Dangote and Abdulsamad Rabiu have financially rewarded the victorious Super Falcons for winning the African Women Nations Cup trophy. In the same vein, the Chief of Staff to the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Federal Republic, President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR), Alhaji Abba Kyari on Sunday evening received the team.

Nine-time African champions, Super Falcons, flew into the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport minutes before 4pm, aboard an ASKY Airline flight from Accra, and were received by Alhaji Kyari, NFF General Secretary, Dr Mohammed Sanusi, as well as other officials of the NFF.

On Sunday, at the Accra Sports Stadium, the Falcons defeated the South African Banyana Banyana side 4-3 on penalties after a scoreless 120 minutes, to lift the top African women football trophy for the third successive time and ninth time overall.

Holding aloft the Women AFCON trophy, the Falcons were wildly cheered by Nigerians at the airport and responded gracefully before they entered the bus that conveyed them to their hotel in the Federal Capital. At the Starview Hotel, Alhaji Kyari commended the girls for a job well done, praising them for their tenacity, energy, determination and patriotic fervour.

“On behalf of Mr President, who is not in the country at the moment, we say welcome and well done to you. We are proud of you and your representation of the country. In fact, as we were leaving the airport, two eminent Nigerians called and donated the sum of N50million and N25 million respectively to your team. Please rest very well. We will get back to you with the activities lined up for you in the coming days.”

Also at the hotel to receive the Super Falcons was the Honourable Minister for Women Affairs, Hajiya Aisha Abubakar. General Secretary of the Nigeria Football Federation, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi, said: “On behalf of the leadership of the NFF, we are grateful for the support from the Nigerian Government which has seen the team excel at the Cup of Nations. The girls have promised to do their best to represent the country very well at the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup.”

(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)
Continue Reading

Trending