Final year student chased by SARS, dies after falling into a well

SARS operatives have been accused of causing the death of a final year student of Business Administration of the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, who fell into an abandoned well while being chased in raid by the security operatives.

The final year student identified as Saliu Alli Haruna, fled his hostel after SARS operatives invaded the apartment on Friday night. His colleagues also scared by the invasion, also ran in different directions into the surrounding bushes.

Late Haruna was declared missing since no one knew what became of him after the raid. However after 4 days of intense search, his body was, today, discovered in the abandoned well.

Recall that few weeks ago, SARS officers also staged a 4:am break-in at a hostel occupied by students of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Ondo State (AAU).

In a footage shared on Instagram, a group of men believed to be SARS officers were seen as they forcibly entered the apartment of the undergraduates. Their figures as they took turns to enter the residence of the students were obvious, despite the early morning darkness.

In one of the rooms located in bungalow-shaped home, ruins from a no-nonsense search was laid bare in the open. According to the IG post, the students who had just had a party were beaten for refusing to open the door.

A report also confirmed that the undergraduates had suspected a robbery, a reason why they were reluctant to grant access to the policemen. It was gathered that some students who failed to offer bribe to the policemen were taken away.

It was also reported that two students of the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, Ondo State, were hospitalized after having an accident while being chased by some SARS operatives.

23-year-old female teacher had sex with two students, sent nude photos on Instagram

The students, identified as Seun Ogunmola and Deborah Iyanuoluwa, both Accounting students, were assumed to be fraudsters, hence the chase. Ogunmola, however, lost control of the car and crashed it. Local reports alleged that after the accident, the officers abandoned them and fled. However, they were later rescued by some bystanders and rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Owo.

Share your story with us:

Follow Us On Social Media Platforms: Facebook Page, Twitter