You are reading Today’s Seeds of Destiny Daily Devotional written by Pastor Paul Enenche
Topic: A Table In The Wilderness
Today Wednesday October 11, 2017
SCRIPTURE: Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way. Matthew 15:32-33.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Divine provisions flow in the direction of those who are not lacking in preparation.
Our anchor scripture tells us of the multitude that were with Jesus and His disciples in the wilderness for three days and three nights. They were probably under the rain and the sun with nowhere to lay their heads, absolutely abandoned to God. Jesus had compassion on them and asked that they be fed, lest they faint in the way.
This statement of Jesus implies that:
1. God remembers the needs of those who forget their needs before Him. The people were willing to go hungry until God remembered their needs for nourishment. When you submit your life in total abandonment to God, God becomes committed to your absolute fulfilment in life.
2. Miracles happen for those who are prepared to receive them. Divine provisions flow in the direction of those who are not lacking in preparation. Many people are ready for where they are now, but are not ready for where God wants to take them.
3. To thank God for what you have is to call forth what you lack. Thanksgiving invites the blessing of God from Heaven. The starting point for receiving anything new from God is by appreciating everything good in your life.
REMEMBER THIS: Divine provisions flow in the direction of those who are not lacking in preparation.
1. Make appreciation your major agenda in life.
2. Make the need for your God your foremost need in life.
PRAYER: O LORD, I thank You for all the good things You have done for me. LORD, show me the area of preparation I need for Your visitation in my life today, in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: A TABLE IN THE WILDERNESS – THE POWER OF THE WORD (Pt 3)
DAILY READING: Jeremiah 16:16 to 18:23, 1 Thessalonians 4:1 to 5:3, Psalm 81:1 to 16, Proverbs 25:6 to 8.
QUOTE: If the earth is holding something that belongs to you, it will surrender it to your joy. Culled from 21 UNCOMMON KEYS TO FINANCIAL OVERFLOW by Dr Paul Enenche.
AMAZING FACT: The world’s most popular fruit is the tomato.
TODAY IN HISTORY: 11/10/1984 – American Kathryn D. Sullivan became the first female astronaut to spacewalk. She was aboard the space shuttle Challenger.