You are reading Today’s Seeds of Destiny Daily Devotional written by Pastor Paul Enenche
Topic: What Matters Most In Life
Today Tuesday August 1, 2017
SCRIPTURE: Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Ecclesiastes 12:13
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is not whether you are a citizen of a particular nation but whether you are a citizen of Heaven that matters most.
A good understanding of what matters most in life is very critical to living a successful and impactful life. To understand what matters most in life is to avoid aimless and wasteful living.
Seeds of Destiny Daily Devotional: Your Words And Your Survival
However, many people do not know what really matters in life so they end up chasing shadows. Many people ended the journey of life in regrets because they were chasing shadows on earth in their lifetime.
So, today, we are looking at some of the things that matter most in life.
1. Whose you are: It is not who you are but whose you are that matters in life. You may be a doctor, a lawyer, a millionaire, or a billionaire; it does not matter as much as who you belong to. Your achievements on earth do not matter if you do not have a personal relationship with God.
- Citizenship of Heaven: It is not whether you are a citizen of a particular country but whether you are a citizen of Heaven that is what matters most. There are people who celebrate how they acquired the citizenship of certain countries in the world. In fact, they over-celebrate having the passports of such countries. Having a passport of a great or prosperous country is alright, but it does not matter what passport you have, if you do not have the passport to Heaven, it is a waste of life.
Beloved, in order to live a fulfilled life on earth and end well in eternity, you have to focus on what matters most in life.
Remember this: It is not whether you are a citizen of a particular nation but whether you are a citizen of Heaven that matters most.
1. Assess your heart; where do you think you would be in eternity? Ensure that heaven is your end.
2. Determine to pursue what matters most in life.
3. Make demands on God’s grace to walk in His perfect Will.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: WHAT MATTERS MOST IN LIFE
PRAYER: O LORD, help me to focus on the things that really matter in life. Remove every distraction from my life and cause me to walk in Your Will, LORD, in Jesus’ Name.
DAILY READING: 2 Chronicles 30:1 to 31:21, Romans 15:1 to 22, Psalm 25:1 to 15, Proverbs 20:13 to 15
QUOTE: Any step taken outside God is a step into disaster. Culled from 21 FOOLISH THINGS PEOPLE DO by Dr Paul Enenche.
AMAZING FACT: The northern leopard frog swallows its prey using its eyes — it uses them to help push food down its throat by retracting them into its head.
TODAY IN HISTORY: 01/08/1834 – Slavery is abolished in the British Empire as the Slavery Abolition Act 1833 comes into force.
DON’T FORGET TO ATTEND: 2 Power-packed Communion Services tomorrow with friends and loved ones for the preservation of your life and destiny by 4:45pm & 6:30pm. God bless you as you come.