You are reading Today’s Seeds of Destiny Daily Devotional written by Pastor Paul Enenche
Topic: Living Beyond Self – Key To Living At Your Best
Today Saturday August 19, 2017
SCRIPTURE: Then Daniel requested of the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, over the affairs of the province of Babylon: but Daniel sat in the gate of the king. Daniel 2:49
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: To live for self is to live for less.
It is obvious that there is a category of people that God takes to the highest level of life. Daniel was in that category. We have x-rayed the life of Daniel and what took him to the top in life. And today we are looking at more of what it takes to live at our best from the life of Daniel.
The Bible has confirmed that Daniel was a man who was too afraid of God to be afraid of man. He was not afraid of going to the lion’s den as a result of maintaining a sound relationship with God (Daniel 6:10). He also preferred to be misunderstood by men instead of God being misrepresented. He saw himself as the representative of God.
Now, what does it take to live at your best?
1. You are your best when you refuse to live for self.
To live for self is to live for less. When you live beyond yourself, you live beyond your time. Ordinary people live to make a living but excellent people live to make a difference in the Kingdom of God and in the lives of people like Daniel did (Daniel 6:10; 2:49).
2. You are your best when you are yourself. You are your best when you decide to be located in the region of your strength and potentials. There are people who are failing in life because they are doing things they are not gifted to do. Daniel maintained his realm as a prophet, dream interpreter, academician and a ruler so he could not go down in life.
Remember this: To live for self is to live for less.
1. Determine to make impact in someone’s life today; start from where you are.
2. If God had instructed you to bless a life, do it today.
3. Refuse to imitate people, be yourself; your uniqueness is in your originality.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: LIVING AT YOUR BEST
PRAYER: O LORD, give me a heart of love. Help me to make an unforgettable impact in the lives of people, LORD, in Jesus’ Name.
QUOTE: When you live for yourself, you live like a slave; but when you live beyond yourself, you live beyond your time. Culled from 30 SECRETS TO THE TOP by Dr Paul Enenche.
DAILY READING: Esther 4:1 to 7:10, 1 Corinthians 12:1 to 26, Psalm 36:1 to 12, Proverbs 21:21 to 22
AMAZING FACT: Babies can only see black and white when they are newly born.
TODAY IN HISTORY: 19/8/1868 – Jules Janssen discovered Helium during a solar eclipse.
DON’T FORGET TO ATTEND: The Sunday Service in 6 over-flooded services by 6:00am, 7:20am, 8:40am, 10:00am, 11:20am and 12:40pm tomorrow. Endeavour to come to Church with your friends and loved ones. God bless you.